thinkcat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Joovuu X
Since there is no blindspot sensor/detector forums out there I am asking here.

I am looking for a good, reliable after-market blind-sp0t sensor kit that we could buy and install.

It would have been so nice for us to have a new thread for all types of blind-spot sensor kit out there. Can we compile a list? The ones who buy/use them could provide review.

Can we do this folks? Has anyone installed one here? Surely one of you must have?

(Also, please lets keep this thread clean and avoid useless chatter such as: 'oh I know this friend of mine Tommy who has one, but I don't know which model it is, YOLO' type replies please, for example: see the first 3 replies. I like to keep this thread benefit the larger audience)

Thanks!

Last edited:
one of our installers does these, not sure what brand they use as it's not something I've looked into

Sorry, should have clarified, one of our installers in Australia does a lot of dealership work and they install them, I don't know which brand it is that they use, will see if I can find out and perhaps it will give you a starting point of what to look for in your market

I've driven vehicles with blind spot cameras - the quality doesn't need to be as good as dashcams. You need to make sure the screen is out of the way of your normal line of vision (easy in a coach when you have to look up high to see your mirrors anyway).

But if it's just some sort of audible & visual alert you were after, why not adapt a reversing sensor kit? Usually 4 or 6 sensors placed equidistant across the back bumper (2 or 3 either side of centre).
These sensors could easily be mounted in the side of your front & rear bumper so instead of 1 & 2 monitoring the left of rear, they could monitor the left side whilst 3 & 4 monitor the right side. You'd maybe want to disable the alarm though.
just a thought.

[QUOTE="But if it's just some sort of audible & visual alert you were after, why not adapt a reversing sensor kit? Usually 4 or 6 sensors placed equidistant across the back bumper (2 or 3 either side of centre).
These sensors could easily be mounted in the side of your front & rear bumper so instead of 1 & 2 monitoring the left of rear, they could monitor the left side whilst 3 & 4 monitor the right side. You'd maybe want to disable the alarm though.
just a thought.[/QUOTE]

Infact if you notice my question, that's exactly what I am asking. No camera. not a dashcam. Only sensor kit. I asked in a dashcam forum because there is no blindspot sensor/detector forums out there.

Last edited:
they use a specific type of sensor for this, they look like reverse sensors but the smarts behind it are a lot different, not something you could just adapt

No need to adapt anything. All I am looking for is after market blindspot sensor kit people could buy and install. And start a thread for one, so that others could see it too :). YouTube has many videos of folks who got after market blindspot detectors installed in their cars.
Video1
Video2
Video3

I installed a no-name ebay system on my truck two years ago and it's a decent general obstruction indicator, but I don't trust its accuracy like I can with the Bosch system on my Porsche. I could drive an obstacle course in the dark with the Bosch system.

Porsche's would only perhaps install the very best in their vehicles.
The product Jokiin mentioned above is not sold in the United States.
There are however a few solutions though, each of the video I have linked above, all 3 are individual makes, not sure of the accuracy of them.

Hey Thinkcat,

Your post came up when I too was looking for some aftermarket blind spot assistance kit info. I lost 75 percent of my peripheral vision in my left eye only so I'm thinking some sort of detection system would be a big help. My sight is fine in that eye it's just the peripheral so I'm not a crazy blind man on the loose.

If you find anything in your search could you please keep me posted.
Thanks

Hi there @my59f100 :

As you might have already found from your research by now, 1. the best in this business is manufactured by Bosch, but they only sell to auto manufacturers. 2. There's a company not so popular that makes a solution but not much info or review on their product is available. 3. Then there is a solution from a company called Goshers which is very good. 4. Another company Parkmate is in Australia, and shipping included their product is twice as expensive than Goshers solution. 5. There is this canadian company called Auto-I's that make a solution which was presented at SEMA twice. 6. A cheaper product is available from a company called OTTONAVI. 7. An product from DrivSafe is also cheaper, no idea how good it is. 8. Then there is these two dudes who made one and started a company.

And of-course one of the best there is, is from Gentex , but all my attempts to reach them or their sales company Mito corp has failed, many un-answered emails and phone calls. But I am still waiting to get through somehow. I am patient.

There's some good product that comes out if Korea but I'm not sure which brands are using their products

Back