Has Thinkware stopped supporting U1000?

Chockles

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Dash Cam
U1000 Front and Back Dashcam -Cellink Neo8+ -Cellink NeoExt
What do you guys think?

I've currently installed the U1000 with the rear camera and Radar module. All connected to my CellLink 8 power bank. Using it for about just under 3 months now.

Most of it is fine, apart from some Cloud functions. (Features and App wise needs major improvements) Now with Thinkwares recent event in the UK last month. It has got me thinking.

Will the U1000 continue to get full support? It looks like this flagship model is falling behind with features compared with their other announced models.

- Unable to do any Cloud functions during Power Saving Mode 2.0. Lots of users are requesting this. To use Cloud, it would mean the Radar device needs to be disabled. It's one or the other. (widely known by users)
- Unable to use the internal IR camera (This is important as part of the 5 camera setup)
- Unable to use the Multiplex Box MB100 (I really love to have a 5 camera setup)

The above are some of my issues with the U1000 and of course the Cloud features/app. I hope we are not just getting some simple firmware updates and then call it a day.
I have already seen that one of the newer models has Super Night Vision 3.0 as well.

Thoughts?

Gosh I hope everything is ok in Hong Kong. I saw the crazy rainfall in HK recently.

Anyway, the U1000 has been out for ~ 3 years already. There is a good chance that Thinkware will release a new camera to replace the U1000 next year but who knows.

If you want a 5 camera setup, I would use the U1000 as the primary, the F800 pro or the Q800 Pro for side, and a 3rd camera for interior. The 4 external cameras will have battery backup whereas the interior one will only turn on when the vehicle is running. It is probably overkill but that would be my work around solution for the time being until someone release a 4 channel camera and the unit price for a 512Gb SD card becomes more affordable.

Gosh I hope everything is ok in Hong Kong. I saw the crazy rainfall in HK recently.

Anyway, the U1000 has been out for ~ 3 years already. There is a good chance that Thinkware will release a new camera to replace the U1000 next year but who knows.

If you want a 5 camera setup, I would use the U1000 as the primary, the F800 pro or the Q800 Pro for side, and a 3rd camera for interior. The 4 external cameras will have battery backup whereas the interior one will only turn on when the vehicle is running. It is probably overkill but that would be my work around solution for the time being until someone release a 4 channel camera and the unit price for a 512Gb SD card becomes more affordable.
Thanks for your concern. Everything is fine in HK. We just had another Typhoon 8 today. Not as bad as the one before but plenty of rain.

I know the U1000 has been out for a while, I just hope they continue supporting it with more add-ons either through hardware or firmware. Especially the cloud app functionality/features.
For my current needs, the unit itself is fine to use for now, but it's starting to lag behind their recent and upcoming products and products from other competitors.
Let's hope they do have something special up their sleeves to follow up on the U1000.

After weeks of looking at multi-channel setups, it seems there isn't really a proper 4 or 5 channel package/system out there (One main unit + secondary cameras). As you mentioned, the alternative is to use a couple of dual-channel setups to achieve a similar effect. I have considered that method, but I think I shall hold out for now until the tech improves. Hopefully not too long of a wait.

In the meanwhile, I've been looking at setting up outdoor security camera inside the car :p

Back