Have had it 5 months and it stopped working. Cannot find any Warranty or Repair service.

craigG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Have had it 5 months and it stopped working. Cannot find any Warranty or Repair service.

Have you checked if the memory card are working ? those little suckers can pack it in fast if you are unlucky.

H2testw are a nifty little program to examine memory cards if it work correct.

Have you checked if the memory card are working ? those little suckers can pack it in fast if you are unlucky.

H2testw are a nifty little program to examine memory cards if it work correct.
I pulled the memory card (SanDisk 128gb 100mb/sec) and put it in the computer. It worked fine. Tried updating via a .bin in the memory card the unit and got a blue light very fast then constant blue light. Sat for an Hour and would not reboot. Does not work at all now.
Bad Cap?

Craig

Some times updating firmware with a large memory card can be problematic, if you have a smaller than 32 GB card formatted to fat 32 to try with that might do better.

I often use old 8 - 16 GB memory cards for flashing new firmware.

Also i assume your camera are the old model, there is a new PRO version out with different sensors, if you have used the firmware for that it might also cause a unsuccessful flashing experience.

I do not think that that is the problem because it was going bad before I tried to update.

Okay.
I cant recall if the 0906 have a little reset hardware button, if it have that might be worth a try.
I have myself had some issues with a SG camera, but flashing the hardware ( with a newer firm ware ) fixed that problem. But i cant recall 100 % what the issue was back then but i think it was "just" erratic recording behavior.

I think that there is a small (R) reset button. I initially thought that was just the label for where you plug in the rear cam. But I think it might actually be a reset button.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SgtSubaru mini0906 6
Back