Have the batteries/charging systems been recently upgraded ? Nextbase 312 GW

pitchperfect

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
Next Base 312 GW
I found out , after purchasing , that these are plagued with battery problems. We have been promised a replacement for our useless one
BUT I do NOT want the problems again. Should I get my money back or accept the replacement? l live in the south of France but bought it in the UK so returning it is a bit awkward.
As an aside . . . . Why are these voted as the very best by Which and others when they are so blatantly NOT. Made my, so called, informed decision seem stupid !

Hi @pitchperfect

I am so sorry you've experienced this already - have you spoken with our team?

I can completely understands your concerns however I can assure you we're not plagued with battery problems.

Thanks Tiffany for the VERY fast reply but my question was ‘ has the battery system been corrected ?’ There is an obvious problem
With the charging system somewhere so I wish to make an informed decision whether to accept a replacement or insist in the money back.
Do you happen to know the failure rate or are you prepared to state the failure rate ?
I cannot believe these problems are about poor Asian continent batteries, hence my original question. Thanks for the quick reply.
Kind regards, ‘Pitchperfect’.

Can you confirm what you were experiencing?

I don't want to give a general vague answer, there are no inherent faults as you describe so I'm eager to find out what exactly has gone wrong and what would be the best course of action.

I don't want to give a general vague answer, there are no inherent faults as you describe so I'm eager to find out what exactly has gone wrong and what would be the best course of action.

The camera has been fitted to our Landie Disco and worked well for a couple of months. One day the camera started turning itself on and off every two seconds or so. The light at the bottom left of the screen was flashing blue /red/blue /red and the ‘signing on’ tune was going as it turned on/off/on/off continually. I tried fully charging the camera for about 4 hours but it made no difference. I tried the reset button - no difference. I was not able to access the programmes as the camera was constantly turning itself on and off. Having left it switched off and unplugged for a few days , I tried it again but appears to have just stopped. I have spoken with your ‘team’ who asked me to return the camera with proof of purchase We live in the South of France and will not be returning to the UK until March/April this year so is it possible to deal with this by post although the postage will not be cheap. Hence my original question prompted by the experiences of others with similar problems.

I understand - by stopped you mean the fault has gone or the unit will no longer power up?

Yes I can see why your confidence in us would be knocked, we can usually help with an exchange even if you're in France.

Last edited:
There IS a major issue with the internal batteries on a wide range of Nextbase dash cams and has been for some years, the manufacturer is fully aware of this, even though they arn't likely to admit to it.

Back