Having a problem after I let the truck set.

Spartacus2go

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm having a problem now, when I get in my truck after it's being parking all night the record light starts blinking, after I get in and drive off the only way to get it in to stop blinking I have to unplug it a few time and then it will start to record, so why does it do that? Thank you guys for your help, do I need to change something or what, I'm on V2.9.

Do you have parking mode enabled in the menu without having the camera hard wired?

I have it setup with the hardwire, but I notice when I leave it for a while and get back in my truck it will do that, it's on when I turn it off and park.DSCN4652.JPGDSCN4654.JPG

Sounds like you may have a bad hardwire kit. I had a similar problem and Viofo sent me a new kit. The kits are known to go bad.

Great, well at less I can just replace that hardwire kit I will get another one I had it for a few years now thank you sir, I will order one.

Last edited:
What memory card are you using? Brand and model. When was the last time you formatted the card in the camera?

I would suspect the card before the hardwire kit, since you still have power when this occurs. Be sure your kit isn't tucked under the carpet or anything and has room to dissipate heat.

Be sure your firmware is up to date as there have been refinements with parking mode recording.

Last edited:
What memory card are you using? Brand and model. When was the last time you formatted the card in the camera?

I would suspect the card before the hardwire kit, since you still have power when this occurs. Be sure your kit isn't tucked under the carpet or anything and has room to dissipate heat.

Be sure your firmware is up to date as there have been refinements with parking mode recording.
I'm using the SanDisk High Endurance 256, I had formatted it about two or three times, I upgraded to the 2.9V I was thinking on going back to maybe 2.7V, as you can see from the pictures that I tuck the wire in the headliner. What is everybody setting your Parking mode? Thank you guys for helping me out I don't like it when things is not working, when I had it in my other truck about a year ago it wasn't doing this, could it also be ground, you see from the picture on where I have it at?

I'm changing out the card for another that I have, and hopefully this will let me know something. I can't find it now but where do I see where I can get the recommended card?

Last edited:
Viofo recommended card list - https://support.viofo.com/support/s...mory-card-is-recommended-for-a-viofo-dashcam-

The SanDisk High Endurance should be OK in the A129 Pro. I use it in the pro and don't have any issues.

Your card could have slowed down, which a simply format in the camera will not fix. I would use SDFormatter. Perform the full overwrite, not the quick format. After SDFomatter, place back in the camera and format again in the camera.

Also, when you updated the firmware, did you go into the settings after the update and manually default the cameras settings? If not, do so. You should also press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds.

I use one of Samsungs card designed for dashcams and have had no issues. It is not the EVO though. But I am having issues with locking files so I just ordered a SanDisk that is on the recommended list to see if the card is the problem.

Last edited:
Viofo recommended card list - https://support.viofo.com/support/s...mory-card-is-recommended-for-a-viofo-dashcam-

The SanDisk High Endurance should be OK in the A129 Pro. I use it in the pro and don't have any issues.

Your card could have slowed down, which a simply format in the camera will not fix. I would use SDFormatter. Perform the full overwrite, not the quick format. After SDFomatter, place back in the camera and format again in the camera.

Also, when you updated the firmware, did you go into the settings after the update and manually default the cameras settings? If not, do so. You should also press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds.
Oh, okay I will try that thank you, I had the SanDisk High Endurance before and I never had any problem with it before.

Last edited:
Okay, the things that I did to it but with no result. I formatted the card about 3 to 4 times, I push the reset hole for about 3 times, I got a different card, and I did the manually default the cameras settings, so what's next the installing the another hardwire cable because I don't know what else to do? Thank you for your reply guys.

Okay, the things that I did to it but with no result. I formatted the card about 3 to 4 times, I push the reset hole for about 3 times, I got a different card, and I did the manually default the cameras settings, so what's next the installing the another hardwire cable because I don't know what else to do? Thank you for your reply guys.
That’s what I would do. Are you having issues with the files not locking when you hit the exclamation button too?

The one other thing that I'm going to do is to leave the Parking Mode off and see what that will do.

That’s what I would do. Are you having issues with the files not locking when you hit the exclamation button too?
Yep! So switch the hardwire cable, I just got it in the mail, I have try everything else aside on just getting another one.

Yep! So switch the hardwire cable, I just got it in the mail, I have try everything else aside on just getting another one.
Good luck! My hardwire kit has no issues but my camera won’t lock files. I need to check it tomorrow because I locked one earlier to test it and I also have one of the recommended SD cards on the way.

Thank you sir, I figure that since I try all other I might as well try install a new cable, but I will try it first before I tuck all the wire in the headliner.

Back