Having Hard Time to do Non Stop Recording:(

mansoornyc

Reaction score
Country
United States
Guyz I want to do Non stop recording during the driving and I I don't know what to click , I play bunch of buttons, parking mode, driving mode. but when I come home, I see small of video pieces in three different folders. motion, always, event:( Some Few Few Seconds and Some Few Few mins:(

I still don't know how to operate this unit. I just want 2-3 hours non stop recording.

Can Some please help me out, step by step. I am little old man, need your guyz help.

Thanks

mansoornyc said:
I Forgot to Mention About Unit. This is LK-7900 ACE.

Your camera should be set to record out of the box. On the Basic tab recording mode should be set to Always + Event. Yes?

the 3 folder on the SD card represent the 3 modes of operation.
Motion (usually motion detection during Parking Mode) old File will be overwritten when limits reached
Always (Standard Normal recording mode eg: while driving) old File will be overwritten when limits reached
Event (when something has been detected by the shock sensor eg hitting a pot hole, heavy braking or worse an acciddent) usually files never deleted (depending on settings) - so this will fill up a small capacity SD card quickly if you keep events or the sensors are set too sensitively files starts 30sec before event triggers sensors.

I think the default Time limits for recording for above M/A/E are 5/3/1 minutes

So you will get your 2-3 hours of recording (in Always mode- depending on how big you SD memory card is) but it is split into 3 min segments. this way older files can be deleted 1 at a time as new files are recorded for each operation.

If you use the Lukas Viewer software on your computer and open up the SD card, you will see on the right all the time stamps in order of your recordings.

Delete Events that you don't need - or use the Viewer software to change the sensitivity of the sensors so they do not trigger events as frequently on small bumps in the road.

By default the Unit should be set up to record in Auto mode - ALWAYS - but if you stay in one spot for too long it will switch to Parking mode (default is 5min). If unit is AWAYS on you will get all the types of recordings. If Unit turns on and off with ignition, you will get A/E recordings, unless you sit stopped in traffic for more then 5min then Parking mode will start and you will get files in Motion folder.

I will suggest to use the Viewer to configure the unit.
There is a button on top to open the configuration screen that later will be saved on SD card. I'm using config utility ver. 1.7.3.0

In "Basic" tab check that "Recording Mode" is set to "Always+Event". If you don't want events to be stored in separate folder you may disable "G-Sensor" on the same tab or make it less sensitive. On our roads with the lowest settings I'm still getting few event files
In "Additional" tab you may specify how much space on SD will be used for different file types, like events or when device detects the motion (in parking mode). Be aware that SD card reformat will be required after you will make any changes
In "Audio" tab, at least for the start, I will suggest to turn on "Voice Guidance" and "English" (if you don't want to listen in Korean). As soon as you will start the car (assuming you are not using parking mode), the unit will inform you that it is ready or in case of issues will inform about problems, like SD card cannot be read.
After that either click save or format. I have issues on my desktop, when config utility does not recognize my SD card. But on laptop after initial reformat (I used new card and left the SD that came with the unit with the viewer and docs alone), I found 3 folders plus "config.bin" file. After that I put the SD into the unit and I don't have any issues...

There are no means to change the default recording times. For "Always" this is 3 minutes, for events it is 30 secs. I didn't try parking mode (yet) and don't know the length of "Motion" files

Regards

EDIT: Motion detection files are also 30 seconds. It takes some time to switch from parking to driving mode. In my case it was about these 30 secs :) The unit also reported with voice that it switched to driving mode.

Thank You Guyz, thanks a lot for your Help. I spend couple of hours using config utility ver 1.7.3.0. I made a lot of changes, even on GPS settings and I disabled G-Sensor plus I disabled auto switch parking and driving mode on Basic Tab.
Plus I upgrade the firmware to AC21 from AC17.
Now I am going to driving, so lets how it will work :)

You could always easily put together all the videos and make 1 with Windows Movie maker :)

If you disable g-sensor, all your videos should record non stop in the always folder. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K LK-7900 10
B LK-7900 8
Back