Having issues with hardwiring my dashcam

bjornrepublic

Reaction score
Country
United States
hi,

I bought a blackvue DR900X-2CH and a B-124X battery pack for my 2017 440i and I can't get it to work right. I've tried hardwiring the system to 2 different switched fuses, and tried connecting it to the cigarette plug in the trunk but I can't get it working correctly. Now, I did get it to work for a day but the fuse blew (I think I had the fuse tap in the wrong orientation). At best now though, it'll turn on, start recording, then power down after a few minutes. In the attached photos there's the fuse panel as normal, the fuse panel with the installed fuse tap using #146 (I've also tried #126), and both sides of the fuse panel diagram.

I've searched through the forums and couldn't find what I was looking for. Any help would definitely be helpful.Fuse panel.jpgFuse panel with fuse tap.jpgFuse diagram pg. 1.jpgFuse diagram pg. 2.jpg

I would advise using the power feeds that BMW recommend for their own camera. I have posted the file or link to, on here somewhere, possibly in my hardwire thread so I will find it and tag you.
There’s a lot of power management used by BMW.
On mine I actually used a different source for the switched feed so that it actually sees an acc signal with the car awake rather than ignition on.

I had an F30 330d which I think has pretty much the same fuse panel and I remember a lot of the fuses can take between 10-20 mins before switching off. I wired up my vico power plus to it so I'll see if I can find the photos I took and what switching fuse I used if it helps.

Looks like I used 147 as the switching fuse, so 146 should have worked? I also wired up my Power Magic Pro before that using the same fuses as the Vico Power Plus.

1631966136304.png

1631966156761.png

Just looking through the blackvue instructions and surprised to see that for hardwiring they say to select an ACC fuse in the car of 10A or less, then say to use a 20A fuse in the fuse tap to feed the battery pack. Surely this is then at risk of overloading the cars circuit if its originally only protected by a 10A or less fuse.
They also say a typical example is a lighter socket fuse, I've never seen a lighter socket with less than a 20A as standard.

What are the problems you are encountering? Fuse 146 is fed by the terminal 15N relay in the rear fuse box (this is the same for 147 as mentioned by arcticfire above) so this should always have voltage when the ignition is on.
Fuse 126 is fed by the terminal 30B relay (the same as Fuse 162/trunk cigarette socket) so this remains on after ignition off for a period of time.

Back