Having trouble connecting Mobius to computer for setup

o_Oo_O Okay, the program was downloaded to an external drive, double clicked the zip file and for whatever reason it found its way to my temp folder and was in its own folder, whether this classes as 'installed' or not that was where I launched the program from to enable me to make changes to the camera.

That said I did it again this morning, and extracted the zip contents to my C:\Program Files folder and renamed the relevant folders in my temp folder. When I click my new mSetup desktop shortcut it now opens from Program files so will not get wiped when I empty my temps folders. Sorted.
Sorted? Well apart from the problem my Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 does not want to see the camera, I was hoping that I would be able to use the camera if needs be when out and about, especially on holiday. I think I had best search for possible solutions and if none start a new one here. I have the OTG lead connected and the supplied USB lead and have downloaded from Google Play the Mobius USB Tools App. There must be way somehow :confused:

Thanks for your help.

o_Oo_O Okay, the program was downloaded to an external drive, double clicked the zip file and for whatever reason it found its way to my temp folder and was in its own folder, whether this classes as 'installed' or not that was where I launched the program from to enable me to make changes to the camera.

That said I did it again this morning, and extracted the zip contents to my C:\Program Files folder and renamed the relevant folders in my temp folder. When I click my new mSetup desktop shortcut it now opens from Program files so will not get wiped when I empty my temps folders. Sorted.
Sorted? Well apart from the problem my Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 does not want to see the camera, I was hoping that I would be able to use the camera if needs be when out and about, especially on holiday. I think I had best search for possible solutions and if none start a new one here. I have the OTG lead connected and the supplied USB lead and have downloaded from Google Play the Mobius USB Tools App. There must be way somehow :confused:

Thanks for your help.
This is where today's Windows likes to 'install' it's programs. It's not my first choice for stand-alone programs that don't use the registry.

mSetup uses a configuration file to store it's settings and profiles. For example, the color scheme used, the size of the mSetup dialog window and a whole bunch of other settings. It also stores the firmware versions you download.
If you copy mSetup into the Program Files folder, Windows does not allow the program to write/update files in the same folder so it will write the files somewhere else (Users...). Even though mSetup shows you the path, I believe it's much more convenient to store everything in the same place. For this reason I recommend creating your own folder, for example d:\Mobius (or c:\Mobius) and copying mSetup.exe there. But the decision is entirely yours. You can even copy the program to the SD card - although that is something I definitely do not recommend!

As for the Android app, I suggest you use the 'Mobius ActionCam' by Tomas Chladek instead of the app you have downloaded. Although it costs a couple of dollars it is the recommended app and has it's own support page here.

Last edited:
Thank you, didn't realise how a simple thing can get complicated!
I will indeed make a new Mobius folder in my C drive. I assume all I have to do is then unzip the download to this folder and this will keep all the setup and video files and not spread them around wherever Win 10 feels like?

I will also download the app you have suggested.
Many thanks for your advice, when your new to this the help is very much appreciated.

Thank you, didn't realise how a simple thing can get complicated!
I will indeed make a new Mobius folder in my C drive. I assume all I have to do is then unzip the download to this folder and this will keep all the setup and video files and not spread them around wherever Win 10 feels like?

I will also download the app you have suggested.
Many thanks for your advice, when your new to this the help is very much appreciated.
Correct. Just start over and delete all the other files, if you can find them!
For simple programs I very much dislike the Microsoft method of using multiple folders, but that's just my personal opinion and I'm sure there are others who disagree.

Back