HawKeye Firefly Q6 4K

GearBest

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
China
Hello guys,

Hawkeye released a new action camera called HawKeye Firefly Q6. Do you know that?
Hawkeye-Firefly-Q6-2-e1463508867633.jpg

Specifications:

Brand Name: HawKeye
Brand: FIREFLY
Model: Q6
Chipset Name: Novatek
Chipset: Novatek 96660
Screen size: 0.7 inch
Wide Angle: 120 degree wide angle lens
Video Resolution: 1080P (1920 x 1080),2.5K(2560 x 1600),4K (4096 x 2160),720P (1280 x 720),VGA (640 x 480)
Image Sensor: Sony IMX078 sensor
Capacity: 800mAh
Price:$87.37

This mini action camera is perfect for FPV. It comes equipped with a 120-degree wide-angle lens, a Novatek 96660 chipset, and a Sony IMX078 image sensor that can capture still images (interpolated to 16MP ) too.

How do you like it?

The Hawkeye Firefly Q6 starts shipping from 6th June and is available on pre-order for under $90 shipped.

Last edited by a moderator:
The place of menus is special and looks like a dice.

Looks pretty discrete, the black one.
Other colors may go well with same color vehicle but will be noticeable otherwise.

Good comparison! How about a comparison between firefly 6S and Firefly Q6?

I did a very quick comparison test of gyro stabilisation between Q6, 6S and SJCam M20. At the moment the gyro stabilisation on the Q6 is completely ineffective.

Video quality of the 6S is very good since the last FW update. And Q6 video is very good also.

6S is possibly the best for clarity and sharpness of the half a dozen budget cameras I've tested in the last six months.

I will make a full review in the next week or two with some RC model/quadcopter flight tests included.

any night time traffic/city recordings on the dash or window of your car?

My latest camera test, the Firefly Q6. Very small and light, just 45 gms. Sony Exmor sensor and Novatek chip records 4k @ 24 fps, 1080 @ 60 fps, 720 @ 120 fps etc. and produces very good quality video and audio despite it's small size. (Clips are at 7m 43s in the video.) Described as an 'action' camera but primarily designed for FPV and model aircraft flying it's that small and light it's easy to velcro to a helmet for mountain biking, paragliding etc. It's basically a Firefly 6s but in a smaller package and the 6S is as one of the best budget action cameras I've tested. Easy to use and does the usual stuff including time lapse, periodic photos, dash cam loop recording, and has a good choice of settings. Doesn't actually come with any mounting brackets but I think the manufacturers are sorting that. Also when I tested the gyro stabilisation it was nowhere near as good as it's big brother the 6S, though no doubt a FW upgrade will improve that too. Battery life about 50 mins. Spec and details on my link on the video and reduced price of just over £50 at the moment. Worth a look.

Firefly 7S?? 6S old now??

Q7 to follow?

My latest camera test, the Firefly Q6. Very small and light, just 45 gms. Sony Exmor sensor and Novatek chip records 4k @ 24 fps, 1080 @ 60 fps, 720 @ 120 fps etc. and produces very good quality video and audio despite it's small size. (Clips are at 7m 43s in the video.) Described as an 'action' camera but primarily designed for FPV and model aircraft flying it's that small and light it's easy to velcro to a helmet for mountain biking, paragliding etc. It's basically a Firefly 6s but in a smaller package and the 6S is as one of the best budget action cameras I've tested. Easy to use and does the usual stuff including time lapse, periodic photos, dash cam loop recording, and has a good choice of settings. Doesn't actually come with any mounting brackets but I think the manufacturers are sorting that. Also when I tested the gyro stabilisation it was nowhere near as good as it's big brother the 6S, though no doubt a FW upgrade will improve that too. Battery life about 50 mins. Spec and details on my link on the video and reduced price of just over £50 at the moment. Worth a look.
The part between 9:16 and 10:20 has got to be the most original low light test I've ever seen in any review video! :D
Great PR work there but the bartenders and the owner (I guess it's the owner) all seem to be very familiar with and more knowledgeable about action cameras than one would expect. :)

The part between 9:16 and 10:20 has got to be the most original low light test I've ever seen in any review video! :D
Great PR work there but the bartenders and the owner (I guess it's the owner) all seem to be very familiar with and more knowledgeable about action cameras than one would expect. :)

images (5).jpg

Definitely not the owner! Tim Martin is the owner and has probably the biggest pub chain in the UK. Wetherspoons. His business has grown and grown since 1979. 751 pubs now, wiki says 'just under 1,000 outlets.' Worth £750 million now. He started buying big old banks that were closing branches and turning them into pubs. And theatres and cinemas. That one is my local pub, but yes the guy behind the bar Tim is one of their managers and he knows cameras and IT stuff. The girl Lee is smart too! I nearly always use that pub for my low light test as it's pretty dark inside.

I'd say everyone in the UK knows Wetherspoons. Good value food, good priced drinks.

http://www.hrmagazine.co.uk/article...h-tim-martin-founder-of-pub-chain-wetherspoon
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wetherspoons

looks like we can tape-cover the front leds if we don't want that circus up the front of the windscreen (or just desolder):

Other likes:

sort of same construction as Mobius, lens ribbon separately changeable, lens seems manually focusable although I don't see a grub screw, only some glue. Battery seems pretty big, bigger that Mobius (1) battery and also bigger than JooVuu X. Good to know though that the battery can at least be removed if it were to swell up due to longterm dashcam use. Snug fits like sjcam M10/+/20 could cause problems if the battery got swollen up......

DISLIKE:

Battery soldered onto MB...... big nono..... i.m.h.o. anyway......

No mention of supercapacitor..... too bad.

Last edited:
Good to know though that the battery can at least be removed if it were to swell up due to longterm dashcam use. Snug fits like sjcam M10/+/20 could cause problems if the battery got swollen up...
The M10/+/20 don't need the battery to be used as dashcams, so no danger of swelling.

No mention of supercapacitor..... too bad.
And why would a camera that needs to be self-powered for a long period of time have a capacitor? Man, sometimes you disappoint me. :p:D

The M10/+/20 don't need the battery to be used as dashcams, so no danger of swelling.

And why would a camera that needs to be self-powered for a long period of time have a capacitor? Man, sometimes you disappoint me. :p:D

Who said SELF POWERED...??!?!? Not me man! USB connectd to car charger.... dude this is dashcamtalk not rcgroupscamthingietalk....

27.gif

Last edited:

OK, does that keeps date/time stamp on, or lost in space?Last file saved too?
tumblr_myego5f6et1qzah6xo1_400.png

Who said SELF POWERED...??!?!? Not me man! USB connectd to car charger.... dude this is dashcamtalk not rcgroupscamthingietalk....
What I meant was that the camera is designed to be used on battery power, that's why it doesn't have a capacitor. Am I right or am I white? ;)

OK, does that keeps date/time stamp on, or lost in space?Last file saved too?
According to @Pavle's review, it keeps all the settings when used in Car Mode without the battery.

Back