Hazard button?

chewonit

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not sure if that's the right term, but I mean the button you push to keep/lock the current clip. I don't see one on this cam. The only button on it is just recording start/stop from what I can tell.

Is going through the touch screen only way to do that?

Not sure if that's the right term, but I mean the button you push to keep/lock the current clip. I don't see one on this cam. The only button on it is just recording start/stop from what I can tell.

Is going through the touch screen only way to do that?

"Emergency File" lock is on the touch screen corner.

Hm.. That's not as intuitive as I hoped. I'll have to touch and wait for the screen to lit then find the corner. I know it doesn't sound much but in an emergency or quick moment, it's too much.

Is it possible to add a feature in the firmware to use a long press of the physical button to do that?

Hm.. That's not as intuitive as I hoped. I'll have to touch and wait for the screen to lit then find the corner. I know it doesn't sound much but in an emergency or quick moment, it's too much.

Is it possible to add a feature in the firmware to use a long press of the physical button to do that?

You may have screen "always on" from the menu and then no need double-touch.

would be great if the power button could be programmed to be an emergency save button depending on the length of press.

in an accident situation the G-Sensor will trigger the file save
I know that. It's more for events that I am (hopefully) not involved but want to keep.

I know that. It's more for events that I am (hopefully) not involved but want to keep.
If safe to do so, tap the camera & it'll trigger the G Sensor, & save an 'Event' file.

How long do you have to save a clip before it's overwritten?

If you wanted it to save as an event you have to press the button (screen) close to when the event is happening... not sure exactly how many seconds. If you're just wondering how long you have before the file gets recorded over (so you can get the sd card out to save the file) jokiin answered that for you :)

I was wondering how long after an event do I have to "save" it

Any file that was moved into the event folder will stay there until you format the card or move it off manually at your computer. The recycle overwrite only happens in the normal folder.

I'm sorry, my second response made no sense. I was asking how much time I have after an event, to push the emergency button (before I cant anymore) I guess it doesn't matter much because if I don't push it in time, I can always pop the card out later and save it.

It leads me to another question.. Can you lock a clip after the fact, to prevent it from deleting? (while viewing it on the little screen)

I'm sorry, my second response made no sense. I was asking how much time I have after an event, to push the emergency button (before I cant anymore) I guess it doesn't matter much because if I don't push it in time, I can always pop the card out later and save it.

when you push the button it saves a few seconds prior to you pressing the button and 20 seconds or so after

It leads me to another question.. Can you lock a clip after the fact, to prevent it from deleting? (while viewing it on the little screen)

not supported

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
9 SGZC12RC 5
Back