HD Trailer back up cam

CB1100FER

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Vicovation OPIA2
Hello all
I've been lurking the site for some time now and wanted to introduce myself as well as ask a question of the experts here.
I have an Opia 2 on order for a dash cam and while I await its arrival I've been searching for a decent rear camera to mount at the back of an enclosed trailer that I occasionally tow. Problem I've run across is the image quality of every camera I've looked up for that purpose. It seems they are only available with about 420 lines of resolution. While this isn't terrible, I was hoping to find something with at least 720p.
Price doesn't matter that much and it also doesn't matter if it's wireless or hard wired through the trailer.
Here's an example of what I need but again, low quality.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/272311263627Welcome any suggestions.
Thanks.

Yes, for reverse, parking as well as the ability to view while driving for safe lane changes, tailgaters, etc.
Thanks for the welcome! The activity and knowledge on this site is amazing.

those types of reverse cameras are fine for what you want, 720p will do you no good when most monitors are only 480p anyway, even at 480p there is a lot of difference between a good quality camera and a poor quality one so you need to do your homework, the stuff selling on eBay is typically low quality, better to get into a retail store and see if you can see these types of cameras in action so you can see the difference

these types of cameras are not meant to run all the time either, something to be aware of

Thanks Jokiin and yes, the majority of the monitors are 480p but I was planning on upgrading that too. Also, I don't plan to have it on all the time but to view occasionally as necessary.
One camera I found that fits the bill nicely with 720p is this one......
Has WiFi to view on your phone with the app, the ability to record events with motion detection, snapshot, memory card etc.
Features I'd seldom use if ever but at least it's high def and wireless which I like.
The search continues.........

Back