HDMI monitor connection problem

nodash

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
New camera arrived focussed for selfies, partly fixed after massive glue removal job (glued in 3 places, each with huge blobs of glue - compared to online illustrations - forced between lens and lens mount) that took almost an hour to remove.

HDMI connection to monitor checked, worked temperamentally, but well enough to establish and mark a resonable close focus point. Moved outside to adjust for good resolution on distant ("infinity") objects, plugged in same HDMI cable and monitor: total failure - no connection at all.

All other aspects of camera seem to be working OK and the newish cable works OK on other devices, so I'm assuming it's a problem with HDMI connector or supporting electronics.

Anyone got any idea of how to check out &/or possibly fix? Good photographic skills but only all-thumbs level of electronic hardware expertise, so clues appreciated.

have the same problem too, it was working for awhile and it's now stopped completely. did you ever find a fix for this? thanks

Not yet - got the camera ony last week and a Micro HDMI (Type D) adaptor for my regular HDMI (Type A) cables a day or later. Hopefully it's just the adaptor, not something in the camera. Will try to check it out this w/e.

The adaptor turned out to be OK on other equipment, so the problem here - given that it worked for a while - seems to be that either the supporting electronics have developed a fault, the socket's internal connectors have broken, or the socket has become physically isolated from the rest of the system. Compared to the solidity of mini (Type B) and standard (Type A) sockets, the tiny micro socket, with same number of connectors as the mini , seems more like it could be as much an act of faith than a triumph of fabrication, but in view of the extraordinary bodge job somebody made of gumming up the lens on the camera I have in order to blur action longshots, compared to the examples shown online, maybe Xiaoyi is displaying the unwarranted faith in dumping the unsupervised output of first-day assembly line recruits into the ready-to-ship bin. It's a real pib that the cost of return shipping for warranty servicing is nearly as much as the cost of the camera itself.

Back