HDMI resolution

lacibaci

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone connected a monitor to the micro HDMI? What resolution should I see?
I tried two monitors and one TV and all I get is 480p. I thought I saw Dan advertise 1080p...

Wouldn't be the first time Dan made claims that proved less than accurate or outright bogus.

Elaborate about everything you think is bogus and do you think the whole thing was just a scam ?

Elaborate about everything you think is bogus and do you think the whole thing was just a scam ?

Suffice it to say that Dan had a chronic habit of making grand claims about himself and his products that were untrue or that never happened like the "game changing" mount he claimed to have invented but never saw the light of day or features and capabilities for the camera that were untrue or never implemented. Was the X a scam? No, but he left many in the lurch with a camera with serious flaws that have never been addressed or even acknowledged after disappearing from this forum.

Other than that I have no interest is wasting time on such a ridiculous challenge from you over an issue about Dan that is common knowledge around here.

Last edited:
Come up as a fine 1080p signal when i use the HDMI out of the x cameras

Will document with video in a little while / later.

Have just tried, i cant get INFO to work on that HDMI channel so i cant say / document for sure that it is 1080p, but i think it is dont look like a upscaled sd signal, i have no problems setting focus on the x cam this way.

Video in a short while.

Since Dashmellow is tired of being a broken record, I'll be the skip here: I bought a JooVuu X on the premise that a remote lens was about to come out. Had has said as much on his site, at least. I took it apart immediately and tried to see what I could make of it, there ain't no way in hell that part is even warranty-breaker serviceable. Guy refused to refund me on my purchase, so here I am stuck with a worthless $100 paperweight.

The kicker is I bought it for 3D printing use. Having issues with prints means the loop functionality is a great way to -- literally -- pull the pull the plug and go through footage to see exactly what went wrong. My SG RC's have a focal range too far away for the task, so I went for JooVuu. With all the hype, I thought it was a surefire winner. Nope. I will gladly take pics of the insides of mine to demonstrate exactly how complete and utter crap the claim of it even supporting two years later a remote lens is. For starters the hot glue had me instantly regretting the purchase, but he cited some voided warranty BS as a reason to not take it back.

Does your TV actually displays that the content is in 1080p? I tried two different monitors and two TVs. The monitors don't display resolution but I can tell that it is not full HD.
Both TVs confirm it by displaying 480p...
I know the cables are good because I used them to focus mini 0903 and 0906.

It's no big deal really, I know this product is dead, I just thought it was strange.

Since Dashmellow is tired of being a broken record, I'll be the skip here: I bought a JooVuu X on the premise that a remote lens was about to come out. Had has said as much on his site, at least. I took it apart immediately and tried to see what I could make of it, there ain't no way in hell that part is even warranty-breaker serviceable. Guy refused to refund me on my purchase, so here I am stuck with a worthless $100 paperweight.

The kicker is I bought it for 3D printing use. Having issues with prints means the loop functionality is a great way to -- literally -- pull the pull the plug and go through footage to see exactly what went wrong. My SG RC's have a focal range too far away for the task, so I went for JooVuu. With all the hype, I thought it was a surefire winner. Nope. I will gladly take pics of the insides of mine to demonstrate exactly how complete and utter crap the claim of it even supporting two years later a remote lens is. For starters the hot glue had me instantly regretting the purchase, but he cited some voided warranty BS as a reason to not take it back.

I see you have a Mobius. That camera with its remote lens would work for your task as it can be focused as a macro lens. Perhaps you've already done this?

Actually, what you are describing is called a machine vision camera and is an interesting subject that I became a bit interested in recently when I stumbled on them while searching for something else and discovered that they are now available to consumers at fairly low cost on places like Amazon. The basic ones consist of a tiny box with a lens and they connect to a computer via USB and specialized software. I have to admit that I don't know a whole lot about them but if you still need this capability it might be something worth looking into.

They look like this:
machine-vision.jpg

This one sells for around 85 bucks.

I think it is HD but i cant tell for sure, or maybe i can see in my TV menus if there is a option not to upscale,,, then again i dont think the TV do that as i do have black side bars on non HD channels.

Works fine for focusing the x camera for me, i feel its much better than say focusing a mobius camera while it is in webcam mode.

Machine vision and what some people do with it are pretty cool, one of those cameras and a robot and you can do just about anything with that robot.

I know on my HDTV there is a menu selection for the screen to display whatever resolution matches the HDMI source, so if it were 480p you'd get a small window in the middle of the screen surrounded by black. I believe you can even go into the menu and see what the resolution numbers are but I haven't done that in so long I forgot.

Machine vision is overkill when I only need to get a close-up view of when and where the belts slip, as well as enough audio to figure out what noise it makes. I have a macro lens but need another, I'll start a thread in the Mobius subforum in a bit. But thank you though! Much appreciated :)

Also, HD is easy to upscale and fake. I have an HD converter box I use that takes component / RCA input and has HDMI output. Even my 4K monitor can't tell the difference

Machine vision is overkill when I only need to get a close-up view of when and where the belts slip, as well as enough audio to figure out what noise it makes. I have a macro lens but need another, I'll start a thread in the Mobius subforum in a bit. But thank you though! Much appreciated :)

There are all kinds of machine vision cameras for all kinds of purposes, some costing many thousands of dollars. The most basic cheap ones like I mentioned above just capture 30 fps video and are designed for exactly the kind of thing you are talking about. Like I said, I don't know too much about them but I think the software can track things like the number of anomalies you tell it to look for or the number of times it makes a particular sound, that sort of thing. Anyway, it was just a thought and I find the subject of cheap machine vision kind of interesting. Yeah, a remote lens Mobius focused for macro or something similar would be the easiest thing you might do.

I just pressed the info button, on my TV channels that bring up a little info box on the current program and then resolution info too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A JooVuu 2
kamkar JooVuu 30
Back