HDR with Viofo A129 Pro

donburi

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Dash Cam
Comtec ZDR035(Front & Rear) Viofo A229 Pro(Front Only)
(Since I am using machine translation, the text may be strange)

I'm using A129 Pro, but I'm worried about overexposure.

I understand that the performance of the hardware is difficult, but
I think it's okay to lower the FPS to achieve 4K HDR (eg 4K15FPS HDR) or have options such as 2.5K30FPS HDR.

Last edited:
The A129 Pro has an image sensor that is not good for HDR, I do not think HDR will ever be added to the current A129 Pro.

Some day Viofo will have a 4K HDR camera much better than the A129 Pro, but it needs a new sensor, new processor, and will probably have a new name!

I'm using A129 Pro, but I'm worried about overexposure.
The A129 Pro has a very wide dynamic range, much better than most dashcams that do not have HDR. Currently the dashcams with HDR do not do a good job, some will be better for overexposure than the A129 Pro in some circumstances, but the A129 Pro normally has the best image.

The A129 Pro has an image sensor that is not good for HDR, I do not think HDR will ever be added to the current A129 Pro.

Some day Viofo will have a 4K HDR camera much better than the A129 Pro, but it needs a new sensor, new processor, and will probably have a new name!

The A129 Pro has a very wide dynamic range, much better than most dashcams that do not have HDR. Currently the dashcams with HDR do not do a good job, some will be better for overexposure than the A129 Pro in some circumstances, but the A129 Pro normally has the best image.
Sorry for the late reply.

I didn't know that the image sensor doesn't support HDR.
I hope Viofo will make 4K HDR someday.

Sorry for the late reply.

I didn't know that the image sensor doesn't support HDR.
I hope Viofo will make 4K HDR someday.
Sony is releasing some new sensors more suitable for dashcams and with good HDR, so there may be something to look forward to in the next year or so. Keep watching!

Back