Heat+direct sun, looking for a budget camera

stoopkid

Reaction score
Country
United States
I live in the California valley where it is regularly 100+ degrees in the shade, but where I have to park my car is in direct sunlight all afternoon and evening, facing the West.

I am looking for a cheap dashcam, interested in the G1W but I am very worried about killing it in the heat and sunlight. I would also really like to get it on Amazon because I have a lot of gift cards for it.

I know there is a capacitor version, but I am afraid I will kill the image sensor with the sunlight anyway. Are there any budget cams that are known to handle heat and UV well or should I just get into the habit of taking my cam down when I get home and go with the G1W?

if you must buy this model go for the capacitor version, at least you won't have to worry about the battery failing on you, @spytec sell the real version, I think they sell on Amazon also

+1 for Capacitor based DashCam's (stay away from batteries in hot climates)
The best lower cost Capacitor based cam will be Jokiin's phase II Street Guardian Capacitor/Novatek line-up due out in 2-3 months.

+1 for Capacitor based DashCam's (stay away from batteries in hot climates)
The best lower cost Capacitor based cam will be Jokiin's phase II Street Guardian Capacitor/Novatek line-up due out in 2-3 months.
Any info on this?

Back