Heat Issue

BKDilse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had my 1st heat issue with the 0805 after owning it for a few weeks...

Yesteraday the external temperature was around 24 deg celcius, and I can imagine the internal car temperature was probably higher. The cam only recorded for about 10 mins, and the frozed further recording. I could see loads of logs on the root of the SC card.

At the end of the journey, the cam did not shutdown as normal, so I had to do the 15 second button press to power it off.

I know cams don't like being left attached to the windscreen in hot weather, but I cannot be asked to remove it each time I leave my car parked.

My old 0801 never suffered from this (as far as I know).

I have another unit in the other car, which appeared to be working yesterday, so I've swapped it to test today.

Has anyone else had this issue?

try another memory card.

I have 2 of these cams, so here is what I did today:

Cam 1 (2-3 weeks old) - Changed the memory card to an older Samsung Class 6, 16GB, and tested it, and it failed. Shorter Journey.
Cam 2 (1 week old) - Put the Samsung Evo+ 64GB from Cam 1 in, and tested it, and it worked fine. Same 1 hour Journey.

Today was hotter than yesterday in the UK, and the Card does not appear to be the issue, as Cam 1 is still failing, but Cam 2 is working with the same card.

I'll be sending Cam 1 back for a refund, as soon as Cam 3 arrives.

These are great Cams, as long as there are no issues.

I have a 0801 on the rear glass and a 0805 on the windshield in my focus. I live in Brazil, and in the heat of here, my 0801 continues to work and the 0805 hangs very easily when the internal temperature reaches 35 ° C under the sun, no matter what memory card I use (sansung class 6). Sorry of my bad english

Enviado de meu XT1069 usando Tapatalk

I have the same as you, 0801 never has an issue. I'll keep testing the 2nd 0805 i have, which has not crashed yet.

Back