Heated front windscreen

iang27

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do all dash cams work ok with heated front windscreens ?
I wasn’t sure if the heating elements are that small it doesn’t affect anything or if they obscure the vision.
It’s on a Ford Fiesta and you can barely see them.

Last edited:
a wedge style camera that places the lens very close to the glass will have less of a problem with this, the further the lens is from the glass the more the effect will be noticeable

My Fiesta has a heated front windscreen, I can't see the heating elements on any footage.

In fact while I've had dashcams I've never had a car without heated windscreens, so I couldn't say whether it makes any difference. I don't think it does and it's never bothered me. (y)

We've seen plenty of pics showing defroster wires in the cam's view, usually in the rear, but almost never is it so much a problem that it could interfere with gathering evidence you might need in an incident.

If you've got this problem to deal with just keep the lens a bit above the lower wire as you want the best view up close where number plates etc will be clear in the vids. What happens further away in the upper part of your vids doesn't need that level of clarity in comparison ;)

Phil

Back