Heatsink advice please

barcode47

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am using my Mobius 2 as a motorbike cam, I have modified a cradle mount from the Mobius one so I can release my camera from the bike without undoing a bolt.
To do this I could not use the tripod mount/ heatsink on the bottom of my camera. Is this ok or does the heatsink/tripod mount need to be on the camera.
The camera fitted to the bike is not hidden or shielded from the wind, so I thought it should be ok.
Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks, Barry

I am using my Mobius 2 as a motorbike cam, I have modified a cradle mount from the Mobius one so I can release my camera from the bike without undoing a bolt.
To do this I could not use the tripod mount/ heatsink on the bottom of my camera. Is this ok or does the heatsink/tripod mount need to be on the camera.
The camera fitted to the bike is not hidden or shielded from the wind, so I thought it should be ok.
Thanks, Barry
Please can you share a photo of your modified mount? I've never seen anyone fit an M2 into an M1 mount before.

I tend to agree with you that the camera should be OK without the brass tripod mount / heatsink if it is exposed to the wind.

Out of interest, what do you do with the camera when it rains?

Thanks, Barry

All I did was cut out a section to allow access to the side buttons then bolted to the bike, now I can put camera in the cradle and secure it with a couple of o rings over the camera and cradle to keep it good and secure. don't need a cut out for the cable as the socket is in the same place as the Mobius one. I don't go out if its going to rain and its worked so far but if I was to get caught out in the rain I suppose I would have to unclip the camera.
Sorry about pic quality

Attachments

• IMG_0671.JPG
    IMG_0671.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 15
Back