Heavily loaded pickup lose rear wheel, veers into oncoming large truck (Thailand)

Sometimes I'm grateful to live in a nanny state that interferes with certain things... like vehicle standards.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Vehicle inspection is just good sense! Even so, accidents will still happen because of the nut/moron behind the wheel!

Last edited by a moderator:
nanny state that interferes with certain things... like vehicle standards.

Indeed thats one of the things i like here, and it was a problem at one time due to the high car prices here so a lot of really old cars was driving around on the roads.
I think we held the #1 spot in EU for the country with the oldest cars on average.
Now you drive with no inspection for the first 4 years with a brand new car, after that you have to go in every 2 years.
Rules for the inspection places have also just been changed, before you could get a conditional approval with minor issues, that is no more a busted rear plate light and your car fail inspection.

But other than that there are far too much nanny state here, and in the club which we are a member of ( EU ) i actually think this is also why Danish athletes often fail in the last moment, the nanny have rubbed off on their mindset and so they dont perform at the max.

Danes need more blood thirst, and regrow the dangly bits men have.

I think the speculation from the bar stool set is these pickup trucks are generally operated at 200% rated capacity, not maintained well, and 'stuff just breaks or falls off'. Then you add in the 'inept or drugged' driver factor....
I'm not sure how much actual vehicle inspection they have in thailand, although I see some almost modern looking weigh stations on the bigger highways.
It's pretty common after ANY vehicle accident for at least one of the parties to not have license, insurance, registration, or all of the above.
(One of my friends relatives requested a dashcam from me because of 'all of the above'. A car, a pickup, multiple motorbikes in the family.....no legal stuff on any)

:rolleyes:

Just simply a sickening impact ...

Back