Hello and looking for discrete camera

Londondecca

Reaction score
This is my first post so wanted to say hello to everyone and with that in mind please forgive me if my questions are a bit untechnical.

Ideally I want a very discrete camera as I want to be able to install and forget about it. Whilst I do not live in a very high crime zone I would certainly not leave anything in the car that is capable of attracting any attention, especially whilst parked (car is parked on the street).

One general observation for looking through this site is the cameras all appear to be one box solutions, is there a technical reason why the lens and optical section could not be separated from the larger recording unit? Based upon my complete lack of knowledge in this area this may be a silly question but a split system would seem to be easier to integrate as the recording box would be easier to hide somewhere in the interior of the car. My second question is can any dash cams be powered by taping into the electrical system rather than using a cigar lighter socket

remote cam models are few and far between at the moment, there are a couple about but not a lot of choice

we're doing a dual 1080p remote cam model but it's still some months away at this stage

12v cams are predominantly a Korean market product right now, I have four 12v models in development at the moment but again a few months away for those, I don't know that there are any other Chinese 12v cams at this stage so a Korean camera would be more suitable for you right now if you want something you can wire in without too much fuss

Thank you for the quick reply.

Any suggestions for a discrete camera? I would love to say I want X or Y features but so far most of the talk on here is way beyond my knowledge.

Londondecca said:
Any suggestions for a discrete camera? I would love to say I want X or Y features but so far most of the talk on here is way beyond my knowledge.

If you want small and discreet look at a Mobius or an A8 variant. Small size, no screen can be hidden easily

Gurkha9 said:
Londondecca said:

If you want small and discreet look at a Mobius or an A8 variant. Small size, no screen can be hidden easily

Excellent, thank you

Back