Hello from Bangalore

Ajit Krishnamohan

Reaction score
Country
India
Dash Cam
TCL SVC200
Hi all,

I just picked up a TCL SVC200. It's an Ambarella A5 based action cam that also has a car mode. Not sure if its known by any other names but definitely appears to be a Chinese clone of something :) Had some trouble with the firmware initially but the vendor was kind enough to provide an update and with that the problem was solved. I'm still getting used to the different settings and modes right now, and browsing through all the helpful info on this forum.

Cheers,
Ajit
Bangalore, India.

style is similar to some Sony models, it's TCL's own product though, they've been making this one for a few years already

style is similar to some Sony models, it's TCL's own product though, they've been making this one for a few years already

Ok. The reason I was doubtful is that the firmware offered on the TCL website did not work but the one supplied by the vendor did. Anyway, look forward to using this cam and also reading / contributing more to on this forum.

Welcome Ajit.

I just saw / heard on my TV that Mexico city is the worst place on earth to drive a car, but what i have seen from your neck of the world a dashcam is allso a good idea.

I just saw / heard on my TV that Mexico city is the worst place on earth to drive a car, but what i have seen from your neck of the world a dashcam is allso a good idea.

Indeed. Probably the reason they're getting quite popular around here. I'm about to post a short video I took during my morning commute.

Looking forward to see it :)

I am in Mexico City often, and I would agree with that report :(

I think i heard somthing about ppl not needing a licence, but surely that cant be :rolleyes:

You need one, but as is the case in the US, knowing how to drive does not seem to be a requirement. At least that has been my observation. :confused:

Drivers Licence doesnt drive a car, driver is who drives it. I know ppl with 30-40y driving licence and "experience" who drive worse than some Learner drivers.

There is a good saying:
- If you're born to crawl, you can't fly !

Drivers Licence doesnt drive a car, driver is who drives it. I know ppl with 30-40y driving licence and "experience" who drive worse than some Learner drivers.

There is a good saying:
- If you're born to crawl, you can't fly !

You have a point I suppose, but if an administration is serious about testing and issuing licenses to people it (probably) also means they're serious about prosecuting other traffic offences as well - which in turn makes people follow the rules better. The reason people drive badly is not always because they are bad drivers but because they're lazy and think they can get away with it.

because they're lazy and think they can get away with it

I agree with this, some times its like if ppl made a little mistake, like miss a exit or somthing, then they do somthing really stupid instead of just carry on and take the next exit or make a 180 there.
Its like ppl think now i have to push my car untill my mistake is rectified, and they dont ,just carry on and correct your mistake in a suitable place, unlike the ppl that slam the brake and then do a 180 right then and there and doing so cross all kind of lane markings not meant to be crossed and or god know how many lanes of traffic.

There is a prime example in the last "Ruski" compilation i watched.

Just FF to 3:26 if you cant wait.

What a monumental bad place and time to do a 180 turn :rolleyes:

Back