Hello from San Francisco ,CA

Es Ef ed

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello fellow dashcantalk.com members ! My name is Ed , new to dash Cams . I purchased 2 yi dash cams and probably will eventually replace the, with better quality ones later on down the road and when I get more familiar with them . Looking forward to all the informative topics on the site / forum !

Welcome to the forum Ed.
You probably will replace those if you catch the bug, we have quite a few heavily addicted people in here :sneaky:

Remember to take a look at the memory cards now and then to see is recording sessions start and end in places you would expect them to, and format the memory card in the camera every month or 2.
The memory cards, no matter how fine a brand and model are often the weakest link in a dashcam.

you don't have to review every file in its entirety, just if they can launch on your computer, and then time enough to register where its recorded, it take me under 10 minutes to evaluate my full 128 Gb memory card.
I tend to focus on the first and last file in drive sessions, and then some random files,,,,,, you cant look over or just sample every single file that will take too long.
So 10 minutes every 1 - 2 month are well spend not ending up as one of the unfortunate " i got a dashcam 2 years ago and now i had a accident and it have not recorded for months" people.

Back