Hello from Spain! VTIN Eypro 1

elkorleone

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi to all!

great forum! I have found it because I have an action cam Victsing Eypro 1 bricked.
71JtPphtpLL._AC_SL1280_.jpg

I dont know why (yes, Im stupid) I tried to update the cam with a SJCam file. So now I have a wonderful paperweight.
Camera model is VicTsing Eypro (you can find the specifications in amazon LINK)
The vendor seems to be dissapeared and I already sent several emails requesting support. Nobody answer.

So... I wonder... Has anyone the .bin file with right firmware for this camera?

THANKS IN ADAVANCE!!!

Welcome to the forum.

We are a few that also dabble in action cameras, but personally i have not even heard of that brand before.

If it is a ambrealla based camera, then you probably need a .ELF file to unbrick it, using the software called USB direct

Welcome to the forum.
We are a few that also dabble in action cameras, but personally i have not even heard of that brand before.
If it is a ambrealla based camera, then you probably need a .ELF file to unbrick it, using the software called USB direct

I tried to use USB Direct but it cannot find my device. Camera only shows a white screen when is on.
I'm not sure if SJCam firmwares works in my model, last working firmware was called 20160101v.1.0 but I think it's a specific one just for this model created by VicTsing (who dont answer my continuous emails...)

Most often you have to press some button on the devise while connecting to get USB direct to connect to it, but that dont matter if you dont have a correct .elf file to use with the program.
On its own USB direct can do nothing for a camera, as i recall it cant even be used to flash the camera with a .bin firmware file.
Yes you have to use the correct firmware, even if cameras are otherwise the same, and from the same factory, the boot loader are often a different one so you cant just use any firmware.
It is quite common for companies to buy a camera from some factory, and then have their own name put on the product, and even if they dont do that then at least the housings are often the same as it is too expensive to develop your own housing and have a injection mold made for it, so often a "public" housing model are used by different competing brands, at least in dashcams.
And that way you can end up with 2 different brands, but the camera look the same aside for name brand, and the hardware can also be very much the same, but it still dont mean you can take the firmware from brand "A" and put it in the camera from brand "B"

if the original firmware was dated 2016 it would be long odds of finding some other compatible version now

Thanks for your answers

I dont find a compatible version and vendor still ignore my emails...

It seems to be a GeneralPlus chipset, but that's about all I can find on this cam. Doubtful it's worth the bother of trying many GP firmwares in hopes of finding one which works.

Phil

It seems to be a GeneralPlus chipset, but that's about all I can find on this cam. Doubtful it's worth the bother of trying many GP firmwares in hopes of finding one which works.

Phil

Thanks @SawMaster
Do you know where I can download firmwares for this chipset? Now I have a beautiful paperweight, so I don't mind trying anything to get the camera back.

You'd have to research the many different cams, find ones as similar to yours as is possible with the rest ofthe hardware and in how it functioned, try the firmware, then repeat the process until successful or until you run out of possible firmwares to try.

Not worth the bother. Just take this as a learning experience and a chance to upgrade to a better cam ;)

Phil

You'd have to research the many different cams, find ones as similar to yours as is possible with the rest ofthe hardware and in how it functioned, try the firmware, then repeat the process until successful or until you run out of possible firmwares to try.

Not worth the bother. Just take this as a learning experience and a chance to upgrade to a better cam ;)

Phil
the end... trying to see the chipset model I broke the screen. So thank you for your support. Looking for a new device

Back