Hello I'm new here :)

mollydog

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I'm new here and only got to know of this forum last night so thought I'd join (hopefully I'll get to know more about these in car cameras,) as I could do with some help

for a few yeas I've had two of those cheap ebay DVR's that did the job well for the price (£20 - £25) but were nowhere near as good as HD quality.

so the other week on hearing about the Blackvue DR500GW-HD I ordered one from Ebay, it works OK bar one thing, the GPS has the Latitude OK, but the Longitude is a bit off, when using the map from a saved route, I am west of the meridian line, but it shows my west Longitude co-ordination as being an east co-ordination, so it shows my location to be around 40 miles east of where I am and also when showing the route taken the route not only being 40 odd miles out and the route showing I've traveled across fields and rivers

imageshack.us_a_img194_1305_bv3a.png

the route show is a mirror image so if I travel west, it shows it as I'm traveling east, across non existing roads or bridges

imageshack.us_a_img688_5562_bv5.png

this is the the direction of the route taken

imageshack.us_a_img23_5294_bv6.png

I've flipped the image to show the correct direction

as mentioned, the co-ordination (numbers) is correct, its the right co-ordination for west not east of the meridian

I've pressed the re-set button a few times but still no luck, anyone have any ideas what can be the problem or is it a case of having to return it, I got this on Monday this week and its been like this straight out of the box, any help would be most welcom

THANK YOU, THANK YOU and THANK YOU :)

I had thoughts of having to be sending it back, but this download has sorted it all out, now it shows my true location on google map, thank you, if you don't mind me asking, how did you know this update would sort it all out?

once more thank you

cesare

mollydog said:
if you don't mind me asking, how did you know this update would sort it all out?

once more thank you

cesare

at a guess I'd say it's because he's a Blackview dealer ;)

Better than my idea. I was just gonna tell him to drive backwards everywhere. Lol

mollydog said:
how did you know this update would sort it all out?

once more thank you

cesare

No worries :p

The map issue only affects MAC users. The original application loaded with the camera is "buggy" , hence why I referred you to the latest download.

And yep we're a Blackvue Dealer, so your certainly not the first and last to raise this issue :lol: :lol: :lol:

been using the Blackvue DR500GW camera and am very pleased with the image quality and how discrete it it behind the rear view mirror.

a couple of things would be nice if they are possible to change (one way or another)

1, it can record in in 1, 2 and 3 minute segments, is this a software thing, can this be increased to say 5 or 10 minute segments?

2, there is an overlap of a few seconds at the end/beginning of each segment, is there a way of having this reduced to a negligible level?

my reasoning is I go on some car runs with other enthusiasts and would be nice to have a movie of it. my old not so good quality DVR camera had 15 minute segments and between each segment there was a gap of a good 2 or 3 second but as the segment was long, this wasn't so noticeable, I would hate to have to now also get a GoPro to do this as this blackvue has everything else I would ever need

many thanks for any help :)

Back