Hello

Primus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a new dash cam fitted, as my old one packed in, I had a mi witness front and rear camera, professionally fitted when I bought my new car about eighteen months ago, the guy who fitted it came recommended from mi witness, he swapped the unit out from my old car, I’ve had it about four years now, I first became aware that there was a problem after my wife tried to show me an incident that happened to her on her travels ( nothing serious) , the camera hadn’t recorded anything, so I re formatted the sd card and all seemed ok. Three days before I was due to travel to Cornwall for our hols, I got a voice message saying front camera not working, I tried everything, formatting the card, unplugging it and leaving it overnight, nothing worked, now, if you’re like me, once you’ve had a dash cam you feel vulnerable without one, so after a bit of research I went for a nextbase 522, with rear camera, from halfords, and they would fit it, now the young lad who fitted it, ( and did a good job) showed me photos from the previous install, the installer had spliced into the wiring loom, instead of taking it to the fuse box, (yes it did have inline fuses) but I’m sure it didn’t have the proper smart power adapter, but will have to check when I get home, there was also a wire that had just been cut and left, ( no idea why), so the lad rejoined it, also the glovebox is broken, I seem to remember that the guy said he’d had trouble removing / refitting it, so I know Halfords haven’t done it, if I’d have had more time I would have maybe gone for a Blackvue or thinkware, as I’m not keen on cams with screens, but to be fair the nextbase is reasonably discreet, but haven’t had time to play with it yet, would have gone for another mi witness but I think they’ve gone out of business as the site hasn’t been updated for ages..sorry for the mammoth post, folks, ...

hehe i am the other way around, i write like a politician speak in short bursts.
And then lots of line changes,,,,,,, i have no idea what i do with the English language, i am self taught with it so when it come down to the nitty gritty like comma and colon i have pretty much no idea.
But at least now i try my luck while i type, once i just wrote a wall of test, and then sprinkled some commas and colons out over it all.

It is also the same in Danish, here i wrote in all capitol letters until 8 grade, and i only changed to non capitol as i found out it was faster and so i could get more work done in class, and that was all the work school got out of me, stopped doing homework in the 6 grade or so.

Ha ok, I’ll try and keep it short and sweet from now on....

It is also the same in Danish, here i wrote in all capitol letters until 8 grade, and i only changed to non capitol as i found out it was faster and so i could get more work done in class, and that was all the work school got out of me, stopped doing homework in the 6 grade or so.

I Have a Friend (English) Who Begins Every Single Word With a Capital Letter. It Still Throws Me Off. :confused:

I Have a Friend (English) Who Begins Every Single Word With a Capital Letter. It Still Throws Me Off. :confused:
STILL BETTER THAN ALL CAPS (YELLING!!!).

and much preferred to the total lack of punctuation be it commas periods etc that is becoming the norm now with people who text more than write they lose all ability to communicate effectively ive even seen this in professional communication in the workplace when brought to the writers attention their attitude is it's their way of expressing themselves others just need to be more tolerant

The above individual was let go during his 90 day probationary period.

Well they did say i was a disturbance in school, so much so a extra teacher was placed behind me and my M8 on the back row tables, we got tired of that so on 1-2-3 go we threw our self on our chairs backwards towards her and the wall, so she got caught between a hard place and 2 hardcore snot-faced punks, BUT ! she dident hover over us again like that.

Also my buddy liked to hit me hard on the shoulder, so one day i got tired of that and put many thumb tags from the inside out in my T shirt sleeve, and then told my buddy " you hit like a girl"
And since then he never hit me again.

These days most folks under 30 are totally dependent on computer assistance for their written grammar. They couldn't pass the 6th grade tests I took. It's become the norm so I tend to overlook it since my own grammar isn't the best although I do try. As long as we can understand each other I'm happy to have a conversation :)

MiVue cams aren't covered well on DCT. Part of the reason is that they aren't as heavily marketed as most others are where most of our forum members reside. Some of their cams did seem to be pretty good when I last looked at them a couple years ago. From what little I do know of them they would not be my first choice. Dashcams are developing at a much faster rate than in the past with just a few manufacturers keeping up with the pace. All but two of my nine cams would be considered outdated now although I feel they are still adequate for the purposes I use them for.

Don't know what to say about your first installer- they seem like a butcher :mad: I saw enough of that kind of thing at an early age to be driven toward DIY'ing anything I can just to know the job was done correctly; the cost savings also helped push me that way. It's not too hard to do your own dashcam install but not everyone is so inclined or has time for that. I do hope you'll go back to that shop and give them a piece of your mind (or more) as well as trying to help others avoid them for their own work.

Phil

Thing is, I used the same installer when I swapped this cam from my old car, and, if I’d have had more time, I would have removed the old camera, and installed the new one myself, I’m wondering now if there was nothing wrong with the old cam as such, just the dodgy install...ah well, too late now,

These days most folks under 30 are totally dependent on computer assistance for their written grammar. They couldn't pass the 6th grade tests I took. It's become the norm so I tend to overlook it since my own grammar isn't the best although I do try. As long as we can understand each other I'm happy to have a conversation :)

Phil
(y)

Back