Helmet cam video on electric dirt bike

????????????????????

Wow, 2-stroke and 4-stroke! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

LMAO :ROFLMAO:
Have all the fun you can in life, and don't worry too much what others think about that :p Your smile beats their frowns :D

Phil

The bikes look really interesting ..
I used to be into dirt bikes when younger ... DT175 / KLX250B2 / XR500RE x 2 / Montesa Capra 414 ...
The sound effects ? , I always thought the dirt bikes a little on the loud side , these electrics look very interesting . ( Expensive ? )

I was supposed to get a dirtbike as a kid, but my father and the other city council henchmen decided to build a hospital where the MX track was
So i had to wait until i was so old i needed 4 wheels :cry:
Faceplant_big_thumb.jpg

That E bike do look nice, but it could only be used on a track here, or on the road if it had the lights and blinkers and you had a motorcycle license which i dont have.

Yes thats me in the pic :ROFLMAO: aged 40

The bikes look really interesting ..
I used to be into dirt bikes when younger ... DT175 / KLX250B2 / XR500RE x 2 / Montesa Capra 414 ...
The sound effects ? , I always thought the dirt bikes a little on the loud side , these electrics look very interesting . ( Expensive ? )
You had Montesas down there? :eek:

Prices? The Freeride E-XC costs 11.200€ here in Portugal. :confused:

I just learned about the 1899 newsboys strike, going head to head with Hearst and Pulitzer and win :cool:

Long live TV that make you a little bit smarter, and knowing your history is getting smarter. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsboys'_strike_of_1899

Where are the kids like that today ?

Yeah , I had a Montesa Capra 414 ... That bike had some power ( Early 1980's I owned it ) ..
I simply could not keep the front wheel down when on full throttle , even leaning over the handle bars it kept lifting the front wheel off the ground . ( Engine might have been worked over - when I bought it they said it had a forged Marley (?) piston )
I think 85 I was riding the Honda XR500RE , that was sick too but far more manageable . ( Those twin carbs )

Yeah , I had a Montesa Capra 414 ... That bike had some power ( Early 1980's I owned it ) ..
I simply could not keep the front wheel down when on full throttle , even leaning over the handle bars it kept lifting the front wheel off the ground . ( Engine might have been worked over - when I bought it they said it had a forged Marley (?) piston )
I can imagine. A 2-stroke single with that displacement is a beast. I remember the first time I tried riding a Honda CR500... I spent more time stalling the engine or trying to keep the front wheel on the ground than riding! :D

Yep . once you went over 250cc Two strokes became a lot of work ..
My friends all had 125cc bikes , they were a blast to ride .. You could throw them into corners , power slide , and just blast out the other side !
The 414 just scared everyone silly , no one wanted to ride it . It really was not that enjoyable .. I was bigger than everyone else ( stronger ) so could manage it , but there was none of that care free blasting about like on a 125 .

Yep . once you went over 250cc Two strokes became a lot of work ..
My friends all had 125cc bikes , they were a blast to ride .. You could throw them into corners , power slide , and just blast out the other side !
The 414 just scared everyone silly , no one wanted to ride it . It really was not that enjoyable .. I was bigger than everyone else ( stronger ) so could manage it , but there was none of that care free blasting about like on a 125 .

a good way to ride a 125 really fast was to practice on a bigger bike, the 125 felt like a toy after that

Today's 250's are screamingly fast- more than I can handle :rolleyes: You start gently, go into the powerband where the front wheel jumps up as you're stomping on the gear as quickly as you can so the engine doesn't over-rev while you're trying to unwind the throttle and slow down. You get the front wheel back down at somewhere around 50 MPH :p I'm not a youngster anymore and it hurts more and for longer to crash than it used to, so I'll stay with something more manageable :whistle:

The nice thing about getting old is that you no longer feel like you have to out-do everyone else. As long as you're happy that's all that matters- a lesson the youngsters will learn someday too :cool:

Phil

...The nice thing about getting old is that you no longer feel like you have to out-do everyone else. As long as you're happy that's all that matters- a lesson the youngsters will learn someday too :cool:...
That's called 'growing up'. :) or :(

Thats what i quickly learned with my quad bike, you dont land as softly as when you was young.

I think i broke my tailbone one day getting thrown off form a hight of a foot or two, i was barely able to lift the quad back on the trailer ( before i got ramps )
And the following weeks it was a pain to sit in front of the computer or lie on my back in bed.

Never really jumped the quad much, none of the jumps on the MX track i was able to make it to the back landing part, but still on the bigger ones i got to fly 4 M or so.

eagel2.JPG

You really had to grip the 660 CCM 4 stroke hard and lean into it at times, good times indeed though i was only able to do 3 laps and never got a taller gear than #3 which i more or less used the whole way around the track.
180turn1.JPG

If you live that long ! ( Re - Phils post )
But I never had issue wit the 125 due to my size , never had enough power to be more than fun .. Never scared me , never did anything drastic . Just super fun and I never worried about how much throttle I used ( it was almost never enough ) .. Not sure what modern 125's are like , the 250 was about right for me , just enough power to get into trouble if you were careless , but not so much you would scare yourself .. The 414 was a brute .. Too much throttle anywhere and it lifted the front wheel , no front wheel on the ground = no control . You always had to be gentle in the corners and very precise on your exit because when you hit the throttle the front wheel came off the ground . That stupid bike would keep the front wheel off the ground all the way on a straight . I ended up selling it due to the bike being such a pig to ride fast . It was even worse on bitumen .. Any amount of throttle lifted the front wheel off the ground .. I should have got a Yamaha IT250 instead of the Montesa ..

My dad has a BMW k1200. Told me about an instance where he leaned forward and rolled into the throttle hard, in 4th gear (he was just merging onto the highway, not trying to go fast) because a car was about to sideswipe him. When he let off the throttle at about 100mph or so, he heard the front tire chirp - it had been off the ground during that sprint, but he hadn't noticed.

That bike has something like 130hp out of that 1.2L motor. My Miata had about 130hp out of a 1.8L. hmm...

My dad has a BMW k1200. Told me about an instance where he leaned forward and rolled into the throttle hard, in 4th gear (he was just merging onto the highway, not trying to go fast) because a car was about to sideswipe him. When he let off the throttle at about 100mph or so, he heard the front tire chirp - it had been off the ground during that sprint, but he hadn't noticed.

That bike has something like 130hp out of that 1.2L motor. My Miata had about 130hp out of a 1.8L. hmm...
Maybe that's the US-spec because here in Europe they came out with 152hp. Now BMW only makes an inline-6 1600 model, which has "only" 160hp but a massive 129 lb-ft of torque, but it needs all that oomph! because it weighs 736lb.

My 1000cc "crotch rocket", as @kamkar1 calls them, makes 177hp and "only" has 78.6lb-ft of torque but it weighs just 430lb. Yamaha added an extra 20mm (0.79in) in length to the swingarm to keep the front wheel down but it's easy to lift the front if we want to. :) That bike has some weird gearing: she can do over 100mph in 1st gear but only needs 5th gear to reach 299km/h (186mph), which it's the maximum speed the speedometer indicates. According to what I've read, she can reach a real speed of around 320km/h (199mph) in 6th gear @14.000rpm.

Last edited:
My 1000 CCM car make 55 hp :(

Back