Help, can't get DOD LS300W started

MLN

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I just bought a DOD LS300W and I'm trying to set it up, but it's not working. I inserted my SD Card (Patriot LX 32 GB Class 10 MicroSDHC Flash Memory Card PSF32GMCSDHC10) and the DVR unit powers up, then switches to say "Mass Storage". I wasn't having any luck in the car, so I've plugged it into my PC now. It recognized the device and starts up the window to format the "removable disk" but it keeps failing the format too. I've tried formatting in all options: NTFS, FAT, FAT32, exFAT - all with no luck.

Is this a problem with my SD card? I don't have another one to try. Or is it a problem with the unit? Any advice for me to try?

Switching to mass storage mode is normal if connected to the PC

Try formatting your card to fat32 to get the camera to recognise the card, use the SD Formatter software from Panasonic to do it correctly

Switching to mass storage mode is normal if connected to the PC

Try formatting your card to fat32 to get the camera to recognise the card, use the SD Formatter software from Panasonic to do it correctly

I downloaded the software but it seems that my computer isn't actually recognizing the device. I took a pic so you can see the image on the DOD and the computerIMG_0613.jpg

You could also try another sd card to see if the card is the problem I had a SanDisk that I tried in my DOD LS430W it lasted about 10 minutes then the camera just hung, would do nothing as I had a Kingston sd card I tried that all ok tried, to reformat original sd card but computer and camera would not do anything with it.

Have been using the camera with the Kingston now approx. 7 weeks no problems apart from camera not starting after a cold night have to get it warn first.

dpick1947

Put the card in a card reader rather than the camera

My old PC doesn't have a card reader so I switched to my Mac, dl'd the panasonic software. When I insert the card/card reader and open the software, it starts to format but then I get an error message "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer". Argh, this is very frustrating. I do appreciate your quick replies!

I don't know, it was purchased from Amazon.ca. I'll contact them about it.

In the meantime, what is an excellent card for this model dash cam? I'd like to get it up & working soon. I read not all cards work in it though, so I'd appreciate recommendations.

Patriot is a good brand and works well with the DOD's. Sounds like a bum card though.. pick up a ADATA next time, better price and works great.

I can find two ADATA cards on Amazon that are Class cards (not UHC) and their model #'s are:
  • Item model number: AUSDH32GUSA-32-4, for ADATA 32GB MicroSD MEMORY CARD MicroSDHC w/ SD Adapter 1+1 COMBO *CLASS 4*
Or
  • Item model number: AUSDH32GCAN4-32-4, for 32GB ADATA MicroSDHC MEMORY CARD MicroSD w/ SD Adapter 1+1 COMBO *CLASS 4*
Any recommendation for one over the other, or another card in general. I really want to buy a card that will work!

Get a class 10! Price should be under 30$

32gb class 10...that's all you need

I can find two ADATA cards on Amazon that are Class cards (not UHC) and their model #'s are:
  • Item model number: AUSDH32GUSA-32-4, for ADATA 32GB MicroSD MEMORY CARD MicroSDHC w/ SD Adapter 1+1 COMBO *CLASS 4*
Or
  • Item model number: AUSDH32GCAN4-32-4, for 32GB ADATA MicroSDHC MEMORY CARD MicroSD w/ SD Adapter 1+1 COMBO *CLASS 4*
Any recommendation for one over the other, or another card in general. I really want to buy a card that will work!
Where did you buy this camera?

That will work.

I have been using the Kingston 64GB XC 10 in my new DOD LS300, although it's been only 3 days since I got the camera, the card is working great.

I just bought a DOD LS300W and I'm trying to set it up, but it's not working. I inserted my SD Card (Patriot LX 32 GB Class 10 MicroSDHC Flash Memory Card PSF32GMCSDHC10) and the DVR unit powers up, then switches to say "Mass Storage". I wasn't having any luck in the car, so I've plugged it into my PC now. It recognized the device and starts up the window to format the "removable disk" but it keeps failing the format too. I've tried formatting in all options: NTFS, FAT, FAT32, exFAT - all with no luck.

Is this a problem with my SD card? I don't have another one to try. Or is it a problem with the unit? Any advice for me to try?
Hi MLN,
We have had the " Mass Storage" problem before, however, it has had nothing to do with the SD cards funnily enough. The problem was that the charger was not compatible with the device itself ( Even though it can straight from DOD). The LS300w identifies its own specific charger e.g., you cannot use an LS430 or LS430W charger with it. When the incompatible charger is connected the unit shows up " Mass storage " but when we received the correct replacement charger ( It looks exactly the same) from DOD, it worked fine. I would contact the person you purchased the item from.

I hope this helps!

DASHCAMS.AUSTRALIA

EMAIL: info@dashcamsaustralia.com.au

PHONE: 1-800-763-575

Back