HELP! Can't get past "MASS STORAGE"

Thumper26

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just received my G1WH camera and when I insert the SD card I can't get past a screen that simply says "MASS STORAGE". I have tried a San Disk 32GB Class 10 and and a Samsung 32GB Class 10 card with the same results. The "Menu", "Mode", and all other buttons do nothing but beep. Am I doing something wrong? I thought I'd be able to insert the card, format it, and adjust my settings, and be on my may. I simply can't get past the message "MASS STORAGE" to any menu option.

Stupid question but are you plugging it into a PC at the moment?

If you are plugging into a PC just for testing, that is the default behavior. Try plugging into a generic USB charger that is not part of a computer. (iPhone/Android USB charger etc)

FANTASTIC! I simply unplugged the G1WH from the computer's USB and used the camera's battery power alone. I was able to access the menus, set everything where I want it, and even got the card formatted!

Thanks a million! Not sure I ever would have figured that one out. Many, many thanks to Keiman and Pier28!!

The battery is only meant to last long enough to finish writing the last recorded file. Be careful operating it for too long on battery power, What I mostly mean is don't ever do a firmware update on battery power alone.

The battery is only meant to last long enough to finish writing the last recorded file. Be careful operating it for too long on battery power, What I mostly mean is don't ever do a firmware update on battery power alone.

That's a 10-4, Pier28. I knew I was racing the clock and will use generic USB power from now on. Thanks for all your help and insight!

Black Box G1W-C / I get no response from pressing M button(Menu), on camera top. I've reset numerous times. Plugged into Mac, I got the MASS STORAGE/CAMERA option without pressing 'M'. Plugged into cigar lighter or usb AC outlet, I get no response from pressing 'M'. Any ideas, please?

Black Box G1W-C / I get no response from pressing M button(Menu), on camera top. I've reset numerous times. Plugged into Mac, I got the MASS STORAGE/CAMERA option without pressing 'M'. Plugged into cigar lighter or usb AC outlet, I get no response from pressing 'M'. Any ideas, please?

Assuming you won't be long, and that you'll only be accessing a menu item, have you tried getting to the menu on the camera's battery with no outside power source?

I removed the cover and pressed the internal 'M'(menu)button in Playback, Photo and Record modes. Nothing worked.

trying it with or without a memory card inside?

if you're recording you won't be able to get into the menu, stop any recording first
Black Box G1W-C / I get no response from pressing M button(Menu), on camera top. I've reset numerous times. Plugged into Mac, I got the MASS STORAGE/CAMERA option without pressing 'M'. Plugged into cigar lighter or usb AC outlet, I get no response from pressing 'M'. I have tried pressing 'M' button with SD card in and out to no avail. Any ideas, please? Purchased in July, just now setting up.
x
I took the cover off and depressed the M(menu)button in RECORD, PHOTO and PLAYBACK. No luck. It's been suggested that I download different firmware. Any opinions?
x
I have tried pressing the Internal M(menu)button and other buttons(Rec, Mode, arrow-up, arrow-down)at the same time, as suggested, to no avail. I have tried pressing 'M' button when in CAMERA and PLAYBACK. Any help, please?

trying it with or without a memory card inside?

if you're recording you won't be able to get into the menu, stop any recording first
Black Box G1W-C / I get no response from pressing M button(Menu), on camera top. I've reset numerous times. Plugged into Mac, I got the MASS STORAGE/CAMERA option without pressing 'M'. Plugged into cigar lighter or usb AC outlet, I get no response from pressing 'M'. I have tried pressing 'M' button with SD card in and out to no avail. Any ideas, please? Purchased in July, just now setting up.
x
I took the cover off and depressed the M(menu)button in RECORD, PHOTO and PLAYBACK. No luck. It's been suggested that I download different firmware. Any opinions?
x
I have tried pressing the Internal M(menu)button and other buttons(Rec, Mode, arrow-up, arrow-down)at the same time, as suggested, to no avail. I have tried pressing 'M' button when in CAMERA and PLAYBACK. Any help, please?

I wish I had the knowledge/experience to help you. I hate to say it, but I would probably consider it a throw away at this point, given all you have tried. Maybe someone with more knowledge will post a fix for you, but for me, I am stumped!

Good luck.

Back