Help!! DAB 205 WITH SHAKY VIDEO

Benzmaker

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I purchased Dab 205 recently.
And my video quality is bad because the video is shaky.

Please recommend me how to reduce this problem.

Ps Now I used the ball knot included in package.

Hello.

Shaky is with vibration or skipping frames? Have you checked in your computer?
What firmware version are you using?

CD

Just make sure the "ball joint" is tight. All the mounts I've seen on the 205's fit very tight, so not sure why there would be shaking.

I just heard back from a customer who bought a 205 from me. I had sent him an adhesive mount for his 205 to test. I didn't realize he was having a shaking/wobble issue, but he said the adhesive mount helped a lot with it. He has a van with stiff suspension, so probably can't eliminate it. Anyway, might be worth trying to put together an adhesive mount. The GS8000 dash camera has the same mount style, but in a "ball and joint" setup. Maybe pick up a GS8000 mount to try (even if it's another suction cup mount). If it still wobbles you can find an adhesive mount with the "ball and joint" style and use the camera mount (ball part) on the adhesive part (joint part) to make you own mount. Make sense? You can usually pick up mounts pretty cheap on EBay. Might have to wait awhile though if ordered from China.

There's a plugin you can use in after effects called Twitch. Maybe mask the subject out and apply Twitch to make the background, "twitch"....

Hi CaptureYourAction, can you post the ebay link to this mount?
Thanks a lot!
Let me see what I can find. I know I found some different suction mounts on AliExpress.

Really appreciate your help, CaptureYourAction. You've been exceptionally helpful. This forum is lucky to have you as a member. Would you consider extending your sales channel to Canada?

I think I'll go for the 3M adhesive mount as I never have much luck with suction cups. Even my expensive Garmin suction cup falls off. That can be very dangerous, especially if it happens while you are on the highway.

Really appreciate your help, CaptureYourAction. You've been exceptionally helpful. This forum is lucky to have you as a member. Would you consider extending your sales channel to Canada?

I think I'll go for the 3M adhesive mount as I never have much luck with suction cups. Even my expensive Garmin suction cup falls off. That can be very dangerous, especially if it happens while you are on the highway.
If the one you get is anything like mine, it will be a very tight fit. I actually sanded a small section of the mount so it would slide in a little easier. I hope it works out for you.
I do sell to Canada, but not on Amazon.

Thanks, CaptureYourAction. I've just ordered the adhesive one from Aliexpress, free shipping but ETA 39-59 days! Will see how it goes.

Thanks, CaptureYourAction. I've just ordered the adhesive one from Aliexpress, free shipping but ETA 39-59 days! Will see how it goes.
That's a long time. I know mine did not take that long. Not sure if there would be any difference between USA and Canada though in terms of shipping times.
Hope it works out and please report back so others can know if it help or not. I'm sure others that may have a similar issue will be interested.

That's a long time. I know mine did not take that long. Not sure if there would be any difference between USA and Canada though in terms of shipping times.
Hope it works out and please report back so others can know if it help or not. I'm sure others that may have a similar issue will be interested.
I've just realized that the DAB201/205 series has two styles of mount attachment, the old one and the new one. The one that I've ordered fits the new style but my cams are of the old style. So, probably it won't fit, argh! Do you know of a mount that may fit the old style?

I've just realized that the DAB201/205 series has two styles of mount attachment, the old one and the new one. The one that I've ordered fits the new style but my cams are of the old style. So, probably it won't fit, argh! Do you know of a mount that may fit the old style?
I'm sure there is. The style you have is a little trickier to match up though. Even though different mounts might look identical by the pictures, slightly different thickness' and widths can come into play. Let me look around.

Yes, looks like it's identical to the original mount with the suction cup replaced by the adhesive mount. This design is not as versatile as the ball joint one since it only provides adjustments in 2 axes (yawn & pitch) rather than 3 axes (yawn, pitch and roll). Do you think this one may work: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Min...32617796456.html?spm=2114.01010208.0.0.Fq9Tsl?
No, that one is definitely different. As long as you install is correctly (level), the mount I linked I think would be the most stable. Less moving parts to cause any issue with the video. I like how those are shorter too. You can look around to see if there are others, I'm sure there are. Unless they show measurements of the mounting area, you'll kind of be guessing as to whether it will fit properly. Good luck. Let us know how you make out.

No, that one is definitely different. As long as you install is correctly (level), the mount I linked I think would be the most stable. Less moving parts to cause any issue with the video. I like how those are shorter too. You can look around to see if there are others, I'm sure there are. Unless they show measurements of the mounting area, you'll kind of be guessing as to whether it will fit properly. Good luck. Let us know how you make out.
Since the link you gave me lists out the compatible cameras, I just need to search for mounts that are compatible with those cameras. And I found this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201..._1&btsid=83529b01-70c8-4004-b824-67655cb543c3. It looks like compatible so I just took a chance and ordered one. See how it turns out.

Since the link you gave me lists out the compatible cameras, I just need to search for mounts that are compatible with those cameras. And I found this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201..._1&btsid=83529b01-70c8-4004-b824-67655cb543c3. It looks like compatible so I just took a chance and ordered one. See how it turns out.
I would cancel if you can as I don't think that is going to fit. That is like the last one you posted. I also can't find where it says on the page that it will fit a DAB205 or 201.

Back