Help decided to buy a dual cam and which one?

Elliott Landon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys i have the G1W-cb capacitor version which i really love and has worked very well for me
I am just wondering if there is a similar equivalent for a dual camera for front and back, ideally a capacitor because i like the one i have. i wouldn't want to worry about leaving it unplugged for charging etc and also for overheating

any ideas and prices for potential cameras would be appreciated thanks guys

The CF-100 is highly recomended, not least for dual channel cameras that all have somthing you have to compromise about, but the CF-100 make this much less of a issue with its low prize.

Plenty of info on it in the blaksys subforum
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/blacksys-cammsys.86/

Thanks man just had a read of it
Can you tell me what exactly the parking mode is?

For parking mode you first of all need the dashcam to have power all the time, this you can do if your ciggy socket is the kind that allways have power to it even if car is off. ( but then you dont have BDP )
The otherway is to hardwire the dashcam, to do this you piggyback off a fuse in the fusebox of your car that is allways on, then between that and the dashcam you need a BDP device ( Battery Discharge Protection ) to make sure the dashcam can not drain your car battery to a voltage where you can not start the car.
A third way is to use a USB power bank to power the camera while parked, if you do that then you might need 2 powerbanks, say one you use while parked at the job, and another one you use while parked at your house overnight.
You can then recharge one while you use the other one, or just use 1 if you park in a spot you feel nervous about.

Then if you enable parking guard it can work in 1 or 2 ways, either motion in front of the lens trigger a recording, the other way the G-sensor in the camera can detect if your car get a jolt by some one hitting it then the same happen the camera start a recording.
you can usioally allso have both motion and G-sensor on during parking mode

When using parking guard it is preferred to use a dashcam that have prebuffered footage, this mean when the trigger go off, then you allso get some seconds recorded before the triggering event.
Other dshcams just sence the triggering event and then start to record from that moment, this can lead to you missing all the action.

Just remember the camera need some light to see anything at night, and if you choose to go with motion detect it allso have to be able to see somthing to start a recording.

Allso notice when using motion detect your car will start to record every time a car pass in front of it where its parked, or if its along a curb it will record when a person pass by on the sidewalk or on the other side of the car every time a car pass by on the road.
This can lead to a lot of false triggered event, and you might just be better off recording all the time as thats what the camera do more or less on its own if motion detect is on and a lot go on in and around the car.
Just a blackbird passing by can trigger a motion detect recording, or a cat on a fence in the background, when there is light ic can be pretty sensetive ( this can be ajusted but to what degree i dont know, both motion and G-sensor usioally have sensetivety you can select )

G.sensor might allso be triggered if set really sensetive, say by a bus or truck passing by the parked car, but then it should allso still be sensetive to detect is the guy parked next to you slam his door open and into the side of your car.

Another option is to just let the dashcam record all the time when you are parked, that way you just have to notice some one dented your car before the camera overwrite that section of the memory card.

Myself i dont use parking guard,,, yet, but at home where my car is parked i have a 1080p IP camera aimed at my car, and that camera allways record and it have IR light build in to make night to day.
But i need that as where my car is parked its pitch black, and dashcamersa with IR light in them is just a sales gimmick so those are to be avoided like the plauge.

I think if and when i might use parking guard it will just be with a power bank and then only 1 or 2 of the cameras in my car.

OBS. if you use parking guard for long periods and just record all the time, you need at least a 64 Gb memory card and proberly larger like 128 Gb, problem is not all cameras support that big memory cards.

Last edited:
I don't think I would use the parking feature to be honest , the fact it only loop records 1 minutes is slightly off putting I must admit

Back