Help discerning what these beeps are

wuddup

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have an SG9663DCPRO+ purchased two years ago. I've not updated the firmware for two years.

However, I keep getting an extended series of beeps each time that I turn my car off and have been unable to discern what they are, and have sifted through the manual, but no luck.

Here's the link to a video that I recorded of the series of beeps:

This happens in two scenarios:
1. each time that I cut power or turn off the ignition
2. intermittently while driving

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Beping are most likely memory card problems.

PS i am sitting here testing on a brand new 256 GB memory card, it only do 4 MB/s speeds, should do over 80, formatting with SD formatter now, but this will take almost a day at these speeds.
Warming up to do RMA on the 2-3 week old memory card.

Beeping while driving is telling you it’s having trouble writing to the card. Time to Try a new card.

You can test your card with the little free h2testw software, use the write & verify test, depending on the speed of your card reader and memory card size this could also take a while.

You can test your card with the little free h2testw software, use the write & verify test, depending on the speed of your card reader and memory card size this could also take a while.
Will give that a shot. Had formatted it originally using this :)

SanDisk 256GB Ultra microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - 100MB/s, C10, U1, Full HD, A1, Micro SD Card - SDSQUAR-256G-GN6MA
link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0758NHWS8
yeah likely a card issue, you can try resetting the card by doing a full overwrite format using SDformatter, that can rectify any recoverable errors on the card and put things back in order, if it's a few years old though it would be a good idea to replace it anyway but it may still be usable as a spare, if you replace the card suggest going for the Sandisk High Endurance card instead, a lot cheaper than they were a few years ago and a better card, particularly when your usage includes using parking mode

The sandisk card should be okay in regard to compatibility, but as jokiin say there are better alternatives today, the endurance card he mention have warranty for dashcam use, the old card of yours dont have that.

yeah likely a card issue, you can try resetting the card by doing a full overwrite format using SDformatter, that can rectify any recoverable errors on the card and put things back in order, if it's a few years old though it would be a good idea to replace it anyway but it may still be usable as a spare, if you replace the card suggest going for the Sandisk High Endurance card instead, a lot cheaper than they were a few years ago and a better card, particularly when your usage includes using parking mode
Thank you and @kamkar! Just checked out the endurance card and you're right. It's the same price I paid for my current card two years back. It's only several dollars difference. Appreciate the super support you guys have always provided me and good to know that you guys remain active even when I am not :)

We got your back (y)

Back