HELP! Flashed DR-500GW with DR-500W code...

Mirlen

Reaction score
I accidentally flashed my wife's DR-500GW with the DR-500W...I'm assuming the 'G' is GPS because she said on her drive in to work she kept getting a repeating GPS message over and over... I downloaded the proper code and tried to flash it but it just went into recording mode... I'm assuming it's just looking at the code versions and since the DR-500GW code is 2.002 and the DR-500W is 2.003 it won't 'downgrade' to the older code...so...uhm...what now?

Get the right one and do it again Others have done this Just make sure you read the versions correctly on the Blackvue site

I did it also but it gave the usual "version is different" voice when I tried to load it in the camera.

Format the SD card put the proper Firmware on it and put it in the camera and see what happens

I accidentally flashed my wife's DR-500GW with the DR-500W...I'm assuming the 'G' is GPS because she said on her drive in to work she kept getting a repeating GPS message over and over... I downloaded the proper code and tried to flash it but it just went into recording mode... I'm assuming it's just looking at the code versions and since the DR-500GW code is 2.002 and the DR-500W is 2.003 it won't 'downgrade' to the older code...so...uhm...what now?
Rather, recovery is possible by using uart

Rather, recovery is possible by using uart

Can you explain further? I did a full wipe of the SD card and then tried to do the update again and it just goes into normal recording mode. So it's evidently comparing firmware versions (2.002 on SD card, 2.003 of the DR-500W) and seeing 2.003 and thinking that 2.002 is 'old' and no upgrade is needed...

Think I found the answer, login via telnet over wifi, remove everything in /mnt/nand, halt it, put code on SD and reboot. Will give it a go.

Think I found the answer, login via telnet over wifi, remove everything in /mnt/nand, halt it, put code on SD and reboot. Will give it a go.
wi-fi works?

Yes, WiFi works. Got in over SSH, logged in as root, pw: pt then cd /mnt/nand;rm -fr *;halt and then ran the upgrade, all good now.
Fine. ;)

Back