Help Hard-wiring A129 to Nissan Rogue 2013?

OP
N

Namgoesham

Reaction score
Country
United States
16AWG is the size of the wire, not a measurement of amperage
So as long as I have two 20a fuses connected to the fuse taps. Any kind of ATS fuse taps will do?

LMJ

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo (not installed yet)
As long as you have ATS.
They dont have to be 20A. Whichever one you found for hot and for ACC. Whatever it is is fine, could be any amp. You will usethe same fuse in the tap and add one (a 2A is good) for your dash cam. But make sure they are not complicated circuits. Example, dont f with the airbag. I would recommend the horn circuit as a possible alaway on circuit to be tapped. For ACC go with cig lighter or any spare outlet.

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
you replace whatever fuse was already there for the existing circuit in the tap, add a fuse for the camera, 5A is generally the smallest value you will find which is ok for the camera power

OP
N

Namgoesham

Reaction score
Country
United States
As long as you have ATS.
They dont have to be 20A. Whichever one you found for hot and for ACC. Whatever it is is fine, could be any amp. You will usethe same fuse in the tap and add one (a 2A is good) for your dash cam. But make sure they are not complicated circuits. Example, dont f with the airbag. I would recommend the horn circuit as a possible alaway on circuit to be tapped. For ACC go with cig lighter or any spare outlet.
Okay I think I'm starting to understand. First, connect the red and yellow wires of the hardwire kit to the fuse taps. Second, connect the existing fuse from the fuse box to the fuse tap (bottom socket). Third, add new 10a fuse to top socket. Fourth, connect it back to the fuse box. Lastly, use the black wire to ground the circuit . I'm using 10a fuses since I had some spares. It was a tight fit to put the 10a fuse into the fuse tap (picture). I tried connecting the fuse tap to the fuse box. It was looser compare to connecting the 10a fuse directly into the fuse box. Not sure if this is normal or I have the wrong size fuse tap.

Attachments

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
10A is a bit high, better to replace those when you can, remember the fuses are not there to protect the device, they're there to protect the vehicle