Help Hard-wiring A129 to Nissan Rogue 2013?

johncena05

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I recently purchased my first dash cams and saw Viofo recently released the hardwire kit for the A129. I was wondering if anyone knows how to hardwire it to a Nissian Rogue and if I would need to purchase anything else. The kit doe not include fuse tap if that matters.

https://www.viofo.com/accessories/108-a129-car-camera-3-wire-acc-hardwire-kit-for-parking-mode.html

P.S I have no experience when it comes to cars so any advice, link, or tips would greatly be appreciated!

Thank you everyone!

You need two fuse taps that match the fuse type in your Nissan. One fuse tap will connect to an accessory fuse (turns on and off with the car) and one will go to a fuse that is powered 24/7.

Can just get the fuse taps and 2 2A fuses. Also if you have a crimping tool it would help a lot. Study you fuse box diagram and take a pic and post here if you want feedback on which ones to tap into. CYA just helped me with this topic on another thread. Listen to his advice.

Can just get the fuse taps and 2 2A fuses. Also if you have a crimping tool it would help a lot. Study you fuse box diagram and take a pic and post here if you want feedback on which ones to tap into. CYA just helped me with this topic on another thread. Listen to his advice.
I found the fuse box in my car but I wasn’t able to find the diagram in the owner manual or google. I’m not sure what the colors and numbers represent. Do recommend any brand/model of fuse taps and the 2 2A fuses?

Attachments

• A3AB745A-EB86-4147-94E2-F09F9B2083A0.jpeg
    A3AB745A-EB86-4147-94E2-F09F9B2083A0.jpeg
    207.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 9EACE529-9902-4752-BAAB-916C036A63D5.jpeg
    9EACE529-9902-4752-BAAB-916C036A63D5.jpeg
    193.6 KB · Views: 23
I tried "2013 Rogue fuse diagram" on Google- got many images, some articles and YT vids too. May not all be what you need but you should recognize which is yours.

Phil

I found the fuse box in my car but I wasn’t able to find the diagram in the owner manual or google. I’m not sure what the colors and numbers represent. Do recommend any brand/model of fuse taps and the 2 2A fuses?
I have not installed my dashcam yet. It will be the first time probably this weekend or next week. I've studied many sites and videos and concluded the best brand of fuses are Bussman (made by Eaton Corp which is a very reputable company). Found some on Amazon and will arrive soon. I don't trust the generic ones you see all over but they probably will work. As far as the taps I just chose any ATM ones on Amazon. Can't comment on the quality as I have not received. All the ones out there are 16 guage. They come with fuses but I have no plans to use them.

Check this and his other video on the topic.
It's very helpful as you understand what you are doing and most importantly the reason after viewing it.

Check this and his other video on the topic.
It's very helpful as you understand what you are doing and most importantly the reason after viewing it.
Just finished watching the video and I think I got it. I'll be picking up a Mutimeter for sure.
Any chance you know what the switch in the first picture is about? I see 4 difference power settings but I'm not sure what its for.

Attachments

• a129-car-camera-3-wire-acc-hardwire-kit-for-parking-mode.jpg
    a129-car-camera-3-wire-acc-hardwire-kit-for-parking-mode.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 5
You need two fuse taps that match the fuse type in your Nissan. One fuse tap will connect to an accessory fuse (turns on and off with the car) and one will go to a fuse that is powered 24/7.
I'm suppose to attached the wires to the fuse taps.
Does it matter which fuse tap I attach to the accessory fuse?

Attachments

• IMG_0865[1].JPG
    IMG_0865[1].JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 11
that's the various low voltage cutoff settings, move the switch to select which one you prefer to use
When using a mutimeter, Do I try to match the amount of volt coming from out of the fuse socket to the setting I selected?

When using a mutimeter, Do I try to match the amount of volt coming from out of the fuse socket to the setting I selected?

not sure what you're asking

you just select the cutoff point you want, 11.8v, 12v, 12.2v, 12.4v the lower you set it the longer it will run for, the lower you set it the more it will deplete your battery and shorten its lifespan

first you measure the voltage of your battery (after a day or two of not driving) so you know where to start, than you select the cutoff voltage. for example the (new) battery in my car usually has 13.8v. check the voltage on yours, power up the camera for a night and check the voltage on a battery again, this way you will know how much voltage your battery drops after 12 hours of powering up the camera and go from there.

No. The MM will show you the voltage running through. It should read 12v. I use this to test batteries all the time and set it to 20. Get a 9V battery and try it. Should read 9V if new. If used probably a 7. If you have battery powered smoke alarms you want to test as a precaution. All you are doing with the MM is testing to see if the circuit is live or comes on when the ignition is on. If not live, then will be 0.

Car batteries will exhibit a slight "surface charge" immediately after driving or charging which will give a false higher voltage reading. Give it a 20-30 minute 'rest' before checking voltage to get a true reading. The older the battery, the more difference you will see occurring here.

Phil

Both fuse taps should be the same.
So I would need to connect both of the fuse taps to 20A sockets? One 20a that is always on and one that is on when the car starts? This fuse tap I have right now is rated at 16 awg. Wouldn't that burn out if connected to a 20a fuse socket?

Attachments

• IMG_0874.JPG
    IMG_0874.JPG
    217.8 KB · Views: 15
Back