Help. Hardwire problem. Power to cam even when ignition off.

Will be watching this thread closely! I also have a Peugeot 207 and want to hardwire my cam so I can use parking mode. I was hoping the economy mode feature would negate the need for buying one of those battery voltage regulators? I know the 12v socket (both front and rear on my SW) switch off when the ignition is off, also front wipers stay live for a short while as they have a frost park position, but that could be due to residual power as I don't think they stay on permanently. From the wiring diagrams in my Haynes manual, a lot of stuff in this car is switched by the ECU.

Last edited:
Will be watching this thread closely! I also have a Peugeot 207 and want to hardwire my cam so I can use parking mode. I was hoping the economy mode feature would negate the need for buying one of those battery voltage regulators? I know the 12v socket (both front and rear on my SW) switch off when the ignition is off, also front wipers stay live for a short while as they have a frost park position, but that could be due to residual power as I don't think they stay on permanently. From the wiring diagrams in my Haynes manual, a lot of stuff in this car is switched by the ECU, fog lights are not, however.
I am still no further forward. Having to turn cam on manually and off each time I travel

I don't know which model dvr you have, but can you check from settings menu this option "auto power off" and make sure that it's set to 10 seconds, or load default settings.View attachment 21553

That's good because now you can be sure that this was not the problem, back to the car then with multimeter.
Hi im new to this dashcam talk do you know if stevedrummerboy found out about his hardwire as i have the same prob as he has or had?thanks if you can nigel new member

French cars are absolutely plagued with electrical faults, hence why I'd never get one, every time I see a car where they put their indicator on and the brake lights flash, then they press the brake and the reverse lights flash, it's always French!

Not sure what @stevedrummrrboy ended up doing, maybe he'll show up here again, maybe not... With my 207SW I did find a solution eventually as I couldn't make heads or tails of what the ECU was doing with the fuses. I had a custom low voltage disconnect circuit made up and wired that to a fuse tap, plugged that into the 12v socket fuse (which I now think does go on/off with the ignition but oh well). Here's where I got my custom circuit, although you will need to email Neil if you want a custom version and there is a small extra charge on top of the standard price:

http://www.reuk.co.uk/wordpress/reu...-12v-programmable-low-voltage-disconnect-lvd/

Email: neil@reuk.co.uk

Standard setup from the website:
Low voltage disconnect 12.5v - 10.5v
Cancellation voltage (in other words, the voltage that the power will turn back on) 12.0v - 14.0v

My custom made version:
Low voltage disconnect 13.1v - 11.0v
Cancellation voltage 12.0v - 14.5v (or possibly higher, I've not tested)

The idea behind my settings were that I could have it set to switch off very shortly after engine switch off, or, have it stay on and cut off at 12.6v if I ever wanted parking mode. In the end I decided against parking mode with my current camera but it does free up my 12v socket in the dash. Due to some broken clips on the centre console trim my 12v socket moves quite a bit and isn't really a reliable power source for a dashcam.

With the 207 (the following may be different for left hand drive models), if you want a decent earth point for a fuse tap, there is a suitable bolt hidden behind the front of the glovebox. Take the whole glovebox out and you'll see it, it's not hard but there are quite a lot of screws, bolts and trim clips to remove. There is a proper earth point somewhere too but I never found it, might be nearer to the floor if you remove panels in that area instead but you'll need a little bit more wire than the glovebox bolt.

Hi thanks for getting back what i did in end was remove center consul and on 3 pin plug for 12v socket cut into line 2 run new fused wire to dashcam works now it shuts down after 10secs ,funny thing is that line is powered by fuse 9 which hard wired into before and cam stayed powered up french for you .

Reactions: Kip
Hi I could do with some help. I have a nextbase dash cam with the next base hardwire kit. I installed it to a Peugeot 2008 and it works perfectly.

However I tryed it on my Peugeot 207 and it has constant power. I have tryed several different types of fuses. It just doesn't power on with ignition or power off. You can turn it on manually and it has power and even when the keys are out the car it still has power.

I do not want to have to turn my cam on manually every time. Can anyone suggest anything?
I had success on my 2011 Peugeot 207 RHD using F7 as the +ve supply (Glove box lighting etc. only live with ignition on) and the chassis as the earth -ve return. I had to drill and tap the chassis just back from the bonnet release catch after lifting away some of the carpet lining and then putting it back in place.

Last edited:
Fuse inside also I believe? Fuse no 1 would be my first choice, not the end of the world if the rear wiper were to stop working! lol

2665d1338312454-207-fusebox-diagram-207-fuses-inside.jpg

2666d1338312614-207-fusebox-diagram-207-fuses-inside.jpg-1.jpg
F7 worked for me with a ground to the chassis. This fuse was only live with the ignition on.

Back