Help installed U1000 video is terrible

DeadEnd

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well finally installed my U1000 and the video is nothing like I am seeing on the reviews. My older SG's are better.

What am I doing wrong?
Do my setting need to be adjusted? Have not adjusted anything, still stock and using the 32GB Sd card that came with it.
Will reducing the resolution to 2K front help?
Can't attach a file too large.

Used the Thinkware Dashcam Viewer, it looks fine at stand still but can't read a plate moving (snip coming to a stop and barely moving):

CaptureU1000a.jpg

Is there a place where I can get the mac address for the U1000? My home network uses it for security.

Sorry for all the questions, a little depressed right now after seeing the video after all the effort to wire it in.

Last edited:
The installation could be better. Does not look in straight line. However firstly start with adjusting the lens. Bring it up by at least 2 points. Also please remove the lens protective film, if not removed

if anything i would say bring the lens down. there's quite a bit of sky in the image/

The installation could be better. Does not look in straight line. However firstly start with adjusting the lens. Bring it up by at least 2 points. Also please remove the lens protective film, if not removed
Actually, to put it center of hood would require me to block a sensor on the rearview mirror so had no choice but to have it offset, plus it would interfere with my mirror angle (it would hit the cam and not let me adjust it any further). I did bring it up two notches according to the aiming lines in the live view feature. Already remove the film from the front before use but I do have front ceramic clear tint on the front windshield.
if anything i would say bring the lens down. there's quite a bit of sky in the image/
That picture was with the cam fully pointed down, can't go any lower. I ended up angling it up higher based on the aiming lines built in on the cam's live view mode, and it points it up a little higher not much though.

Is there a better alternative to use as far as software for viewing other than VLC? The Thinkware viewer is not as sharp as VLC. VLC has it's limits when using cam videos, cannot switch between front and back and no GPS.

Is there a better alternative to use as far as software for viewing other than VLC? The Thinkware viewer is not as sharp as VLC. VLC has it's limits when using cam videos, cannot switch between front and back and no GPS.
have a look at Dashcam Viewer or DVplayer, info on both can be found on the forums here

Actually, to put it center of hood would require me to block a sensor on the rearview mirror so had no choice but to have it offset,
Offset is never a issue as long as it’s close to center, say within some circle around IRVM. The camera looks (1) tilted to one side. If not much leave it as this change is pain. (2) rotate the lines upward without worrying about alignment line such that in frame you see more of sky. Road to sky should be half or little less.

Offset is never a issue as long as it’s close to center, say within some circle around IRVM. The camera looks (1) tilted to one side. If not much leave it as this change is pain. (2) rotate the lines upward without worrying about alignment line such that in frame you see more of sky. Road to sky should be half or little less.
It looked straight when I put it on but maybe because it further to the left? I am hesitant to move it since I have clear window tint on the front but will post another picture of the vertical angle once I get a chance to drive it again.

It looked straight when I put it on but maybe because it further to the left? I am hesitant to move it since I have clear window tint on the front but will post another picture of the vertical angle once I get a chance to drive it again.
Centre the horizon at 50% height before you consider adjusting tilt.

Are you looking at it with a 4K monitor? I sometimes use my Dashcam videos for Youtube content. It looks better when I play it on our TV than my 1080P PC monitor

Back