Help me find a dashcam

NewDash

Reaction score
Country
Iraq
So I have been looking for a dashcam for quite a while and I cant seem to find one that fits my needs.

I'm looking for a dual cam that includes:
Wifi
60 fps at the front cam
parking mode(prefer buffered)
resonable price

Thanks in advance.

60fps at the front is a bit of a challenge, generally it is either not possible on dual cameras when the rear camera is plugged in, or you can't use the front camera at maximum resolution.

You could look at a Viofo A129 Pro, I believe you can get 2K 60fps video from the front while also using 1080 rear, although I would much rather use it set to 4K 30fps front + 1080 rear.

For normal dashcam use, there is no reason to want 60fps, if you drop that requirement then there is a lot more choice.
If you are on a race track then the Viofo A129 Pro set to 2K is probably a good choice.

Two single cams can do the job. For top cam performance it's the best way to go. It can also be the cheapest way according to the choice of cams.

Advantages: Better specs, wider choice of form factor, redundancy in case one cam fails, no length limitations on cabling to the rear cam.
Disadvantages: Card access to rear cam may be tough, you may have to add 12V wiring to power the rear cam, two systems to monitor for proper operation.

2-channel cams are usually easier to install and manage, and the better ones offer at least mid-level performance on both cams which is good enough for most people. Processor design and heat are the main limitations with these right now, and until there is advancement in those areas dual-channel cams will lag in performance. Dual-remote cams help with the heat problem but the main limitation is the processor so their advantage is a mostly in a more discreet install.

Wifi functions with dashcams are slower and more limited than most people expect, and issues with apps are somewhat commonplace. IMHO the best parking mode is constant low-bitrate recording but that can leave you having to search through a lot of video to find an incident if it's not tagged by a g-sensor or motion-detect function, and you'd need to discover any damage before loop recording overwrites the files you need. Buffered parking modes can make discovery and management easier but they depend on the g-sensor or motion-detect activating properly without too many false activations, and few cams do that well.

In my opinion, the A129Duo or the SG9663DC are currently the best dual-cam choices with the K2S providing an interesting dual-remote option, and the A129Pro can't be beat for a single cam. Rear single cam can be a B1W, F1, or Mobius Maxi for their small form-factors.

Phil

Sounds like the best option
I did not know there is a 2k 60fps option, and I only need it for the front so its fine.(for the race track as you were mentioning :) )
Thanks.

Its a little bit expensive but I guess its the best I can get for my money and requirements
It is expensive because you are paying for the best 4K dashcam image available, which is hard to achieve since 4K video cameras tend to overheat after a short time in a car.

I just checked the menu and it is 1440 60fps + 1080 30 fps when using front and rear, also a 1080 60fps + 1080 30fps option. Haven't tested it much out of 4K mode, but I haven't seen any reports of issues using 1440 60fps.

It is using a new processor chip, I don't think anything else uses it yet, thus no other options.

If you get it, post some video please, be good to see what it looks like round a race track with some slow-mo footage...

Back