Help: Mobius Randomly Shutting Down :(

Have you fine tuned the image adjustment parameters, or are they all set to default? IMO the Mobius 1 is still capable of recording video footage as good as most other small cameras.

I have a F1 vs Maxi thread coming soon.

TBH, I haven’t. Not of the settings have been touched since I got it 3 years ago. I definitely agree it’s probsbly still top notch, I’ll just have to figure out the setting adjustments I guess.

@TonyM definitely msg me when that comparison thread is done.

I still want an alternative mini action camera, either Maxi or F1. I’m leaning towards F1 but some of those Amazon ratings/comments had me concerned.

On top of that I’m finally getting a GP. Just a matter of a reg hero or the session. And which in particular.

I still want an alternative mini action camera, either Maxi or F1. I’m leaning towards F1 but some of those Amazon ratings/comments had me concerned.
You can see my previous comparison here, between the Maxi and the F1 using modified firmware:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/gitup-f1-vs-mobius-maxi.36588/

The new comparison will be between the Maxi and the GitUp F1C, on official firmware. The F1C is the capacitor-only version that requires external power in order to record - just like a regular dashcam.

Spytec in NYC will probably have a replacement Mobius battery in stock. (@spytec is a member here at DCT, although they haven't logged in for some time.)

https://www.spytec.com/

SPYTEC
135 W. 36th St., 13th Floor
New York, 10018

Good thing I called before heading over. Sadly, the Manhattan location is their head office. They don't have a physical retail space. :(

I'll just order a few online when I get back to Canada.

Good thing I called before heading over. Sadly, the Manhattan location is their head office. They don't have a physical retail space. :(

I'll just order a few online when I get back to Canada.

Sorry to hear that.

As far as I know, at one time they did have a retail outlet at that location. I think I may even have been there a long time ago if it's the same business I'm remembering. It would have been before the time of dash cams but "spy tech" stores have been around in Manhatten for decades. There are a surprising number of unique retail stores in the upper floors of older commercial buildings in that neighborhood where you take a rickety elevator and find yourself walking out into a retail space. Whether it was the same place or not I'm guessing they migrated online exclusively as the internet became a bigger thing for online sales.

Yup totally makes sense the transition to online only like many businesses now, especially in NYC.

Yeah, the commercial rents in NYC are nuts. I saw a thing on TV about a small clothing store in an out of the way place in Manhattan that was trying to stay in busines but their rent was like $1500.00 per square foot per month!
Retail rents in NYC go from somewhere around $600 per foot, per month to over $5500.00 (or more!) per foot, per month for a prime 5th Avenue location.

Yeah, the commercial rents in NYC are nuts. I saw a thing on TV about a small clothing store in an out of the way place in Manhattan that was trying to stay in busines but their rent was like $1500.00 per square foot per month!
Retail rents in NYC go from somewhere around $600 per foot, per month to over $5500.00 (or more!) per foot, per month for a prime 5th Avenue location.

Don't get me started on the gentrification in NYC.

Anyways, thanks again @Dashmellow my Anker Powerbank came in today and it works great. Getting annoyed that products nowadays don't come with instructions but I love this power source. Just to make sure one more time I tried my Mobius standalone and seconds after I started record it shut down so it's definitely the battery. Ordered 2 batteries from Banggood. Should get to my place back home in 7-20 days smh lol.

Don't get me started on the gentrification in NYC.

Anyways, thanks again @Dashmellow my Anker Powerbank came in today and it works great. Getting annoyed that products nowadays don't come with instructions but I love this power source. Just to make sure one more time I tried my Mobius standalone and seconds after I started record it shut down so it's definitely the battery. Ordered 2 batteries from Banggood. Should get to my place back home in 7-20 days smh lol.
Does the power plug feel wobbly, or loose in the socket? The reason I ask is, I just had this same issue spring up on my front-view camera on a long trip. I opened the case and didn't see anything obvious but figured I'd fix that loose connection issue... I took a micro screwdriver and pushed down on the tension tab so it would hold the plug more securely, slapped the cover back on and crossed my fingers... It WAS the problem!! It's been absolutely rock-solid since Christmas (when I repaired it). See pic;mobius tab.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Mobius 6
L Mobius 1
R Mobius 56
Adi Mobius 7
S Mobius 3
Back