Help: Mobius Randomly Shutting Down :(

DMICS

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So I'm currently on a trip in Virginia.

I'm using the Mobius to capture certain moments during my trip. Since getting here I've noticed it randomly shuts down capturing/getting some footage. I've had 5 filming sessions so far.

1st session - Didn't even record
2nd session - filmed everything
3rd session - filmed everything
4th session - shut down randomly midway through the session
5th session - again, shut down randomly midway through the session

This has all happened over the last 24-hours. The camera was fully charged when I arrived on Monday afternoon and I even recharged it last night when I went to bed. I'm currently charging it now just in case as I type this since I'm planning to do some more filming sessions this evening. The mobius is usually stationed and the light indicating its recording. When I come back to the camera to stop recording, its off.

Space isn't an issue. I still had 15 GBs left after the 5th session. But just in case, I've now cleared/transferred the videos off my Mobius so now the full capacity is available.

Any help from the good guys in this forum is super appreciated.

tried a different memory card?

tried a different power supply?

I only have the one memory card thats in the camera (Transcend red/black 32 GB). I could go to the local Walmart and buy a new card if they sell appropriate ones for the Mobius.

For the sessions the camera has been "recording" on its own with no power source.

battery might be getting to the end of it's useful life, once the battery gets to that stage it will start being inconsistent

battery might be getting to the end of it's useful life, once the battery gets to that stage it will start being inconsistent

I'm about to cry :(

Super important having it work during this trip. Does walmart sell that type of battery (or just Bandgood, Amazon)?

@jokiin do you know any of the Mobius dealers with super fast shipping, or is pretty much standard delivery time?

Just used it again and it shut down 6 minutes in.

Can you buy a small, cheap powerbank and run the camera off the miniUSB charging cable, perhaps holding them together with an elastic band or two? Even a tiny 2000mAh powerbank would give you longer recording capability than the original battery.

Can you buy a small, cheap powerbank and run the camera off the miniUSB charging cable, perhaps holding them together with an elastic band or two? Even a tiny 2000mAh powerbank would give you longer recording capability than the original battery.

pardon my ignorance, example of the powerbank? and holding together with an elastic band....couldn't I just plug the usb into the powerbank?

Also you mentioned 2000mAh pb is longer than the original battery. For future reference is there a mobius battery I can install thats 2000mAh?

OK, maybe not 2000mAh. This 10000mAh powerbank is fairly small - there's plenty more like it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07MS1B8KQ
Yes, you can simply plug the powerbank into the Mobius. The only reason I mentioned an elastic band is to hold them together, depending on your intended use. e.g. hand-held

The Mobius battery capacity is 820mAh. There are no other sizes available.

OK, maybe not 2000mAh. This 10000mAh powerbank is fairly small - there's plenty more like it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07MS1B8KQ
Yes, you can simply plug the powerbank into the Mobius. The only reason I mentioned an elastic band is to hold them together, depending on your intended use. e.g. hand-held

The Mobius battery capacity is 820mAh. There are no other sizes available.
A good candidate for this purpose might be a small tube style power bank from Anker or PowerADD. Both are 5000 mAh. (There are many similar ones on the market but it's best to stick with a name brand that provides a warranty and customer service.)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00MWU1GGI
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01CU1EC6Y
View attachment 49132

Thank you both so much!

Funny all my products for my phone (chargers, battery packs) and my gym headphones are all Anker lol.

Going to buy that and a battery replacement today. Just a matter of finding the right spot with normal/fast shipping speeds.

Bought the powerbank. Tried finding at a local best buy here in NY (where I'm staying during my current east coast trip) but they don't have it. I'll buy the battery when I get back to Canada. Frustrating these issues popped up now but ah well.

Bought the powerbank. Tried finding at a local best buy here in NY (where I'm staying during my current east coast trip) but they don't have it. I'll buy the battery when I get back to Canada. Frustrating these issues popped up now but ah well.

Spytec in NYC will probably have a replacement Mobius battery in stock. (@spytec is a member here at DCT, although they haven't logged in for some time.)

https://www.spytec.com/

SPYTEC
135 W. 36th St., 13th Floor
New York, 10018

Spytec in NYC will probably have a replacement Mobius battery in stock. (@spytec is a member here at DCT, although they haven't logged in for some time.)

https://www.spytec.com/

SPYTEC
135 W. 36th St., 13th Floor
New York, 10018

OMG! thank you so much. Will call tomorrow to make sure. They don't have any online, hopefully they have in-store. Perfect because I have errands to run in that area too tomorrow. I owe you a drink!

Hope they do have it in stock! They are usually pretty expensive for items like this but if they have one I'm sure it will be worth every penny. :)

Hope they do have it in stock! They are usually pretty expensive for items like this but if they have one I'm sure it will be worth every penny. :)

Pretty expensive as in under $20? lol. I'll definitely call first. I don't mind pay a little extra to get it in person vs. waiting for shipping. If the price is decent I'll buy one and order another few via the usual dealers for a cheaper price.

BONUS: In not so related news. Looking to invest in 2 new cameras when I get back home. Preferably the size of the Mobius with true 4k capabilities. Looking at Mobius Maxi, GitUp F1 and some sort of GoPro. The original Mobius I have is good but feel like the picture quality isn't as sharp as I want it to be.

The original Mobius I have is good but feel like the picture quality isn't as sharp as I want it to be.
Have you fine tuned the image adjustment parameters, or are they all set to default? IMO the Mobius 1 is still capable of recording video footage as good as most other small cameras.

I have a F1 vs Maxi thread coming soon.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Mobius 6
L Mobius 1
R Mobius 56
Adi Mobius 7
S Mobius 3
Back