Help! Need older firmware for DR400G-HD

kuchars22

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have this dash cam which I have sold online, and I just discovered that I can't find the SD card. I've found a 16GB Blackvue SD card from a newer dash cam which I am using - I've done a full format, uninstalled any existing Blackvue Desktop App, and downloaded v1.044 from the Blackvue.com website. However, after installation I get "version information is different". I've gone through all the help on the Internet and they all point to changing the language in version.bin to Korea, and after upgrade to change it back to English. So I do this:
1) Redo the steps to uninstall BV app, full format SD card, run the exe to install the app and load the firmware onto the SD card
2) In version.bin I get:

[firmware]
version = 1.044
model = 400
language = English
[software]
version = 2.021
model = 400
language = English
[config]
version = 1.000
model = 400

So I change both languages to Korea, save and reinsert the card and switch on. I then get in English voice: "Upgrading the Blackvue...", then after a few minutes it says: "Version information is different". I assume it is supposed to reboot after upgrading, or perhaps it has already done this. But I proceed to change the language back to English and on startup, it goes straight to "Version information is different". After fiddling around with it, somehow I got it to work, but there is no English voices or beeps, though if I change the language to Korea, it works.

I can't find any earlier firmware version anywhere on the internet other than v1.040. When I try this, it starts off in Korean - Google Translate its saying: "Information is different", it says this several times before it says something else (wasn't able to translate it). It then went straight into recording mode, and all the beeps and Korean voices were there. But again, as soon as I change this in version.bin to English, the voices/beeps are missing but the camera still works. Video and sound all work as expected in all cases.

Another observation, I notice that even if I try a lower version, somehow the version.bin file updates itself to v1.044 - does this mean that the camera itself is fixed with that version?

Can anyone help please?!

will be a Korean market grey import, sellers used to hack the firmware to the English version for resale, there's some info on the Russian forums about these as it was a popular model 6 or 7 years ago

Thanks for the reply.

honestly can’t remember who I bought this from but was years ago. I’ve followed these steps as a result of suspecting it was a Korean version, but all responses say to revert back to earlier firmware versions, and then reinstall later versions step at a time, which are unavailable on the internet except for 1.040.

how do i I know for sure mine is a Korean version?

Thanks again.

it doesn’t rollback automatically to Korean, only when I change the language from English to Korean. So after the first installation of v1.044 (the latest), it says its upgrading in English, before I get the “version different” message again in English. I then change to Korea, and the same message but in Korean. But after a few minutes of this message it starts up as normal with voices in Korean and beeps. So I try to change the language to English again and it starts up normally but without voices or beeps. So either I have it working in Korean voices and beeps or English without voices or beeps.

where exactly are the voice files stored, on the card or on the device itself? I assume on the device once the upgrade has uploaded it, as I get “no sd card” in both languages depending on the config setting. I obviously had it working before but can’t remember the version.

yeah I'm not sure of the specifics, just the way they used to do things to try and control pricing in different markets, plenty of people have ended up in the same situation as you are now so should be some info out there somewhere, youtube maybe???

All I need are some old firmware versions to start off with - this article explains what I need to do, it's just the links are broken and from all other sites I've been on:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TE50Ticky DR400G-HD 0
Back