Help need to identify component of Mini 0801 PCB

Mr T

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My 5 year old Mini 0801 has failed. I thought it was a battery problem but after dismantling to install a replacement battery I see a faulty component. It is the size of an SOT23 device and the SMD code looks like it starts with "A5" and ends with a "T", there are characters between them that I cannot read. I suspect it is a dual diode but before I replace it, even with discrete components, I would like to make sure what it is. If any one has a high resolution image to identify it or is about to replace a battery themselves can you please have a look and see if you can read the code.

I have attached an image with the component circled.

The initial symptoms were that it turned off immediately the external power is removed. Anyway replacing the battery didn't fix it. When it is powered up by external supply it works OK so I am sure its just not getting power from the battery through this component.

Oh yes, I found some good pictures here:- https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/photos-details-of-mount-internals.4182/ but even those are they not clear enough for identification.

Thanks for reading and hope someone can help,

Tony.

Attachments

• M0801_smd.JPG
    M0801_smd.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 19
Thank you. I will get one and try it in the next week.
Tony.

Back