Help needed formatting 128Gb card to Fat32 for F770

Lois Pallister

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware F770
I am using the Samsung Evo+ 128Gb card in my F770 and it's working fine so far.
It isn't overwriting halfway through as I was told by the UK distributors - it is overwriting the oldest file.
I have been getting 794 files on the 'C' set up which is 6hrs and 36mins with both cams.
I have now changed it back to the 'A' setting to see how much more I get that way.
All fine and the cards worked straight out of the pack!

But today I got the format message from the cam which it repeated about 4 times before it told me continuous recording had started. That card is still in the cam at the moment and I haven't checked the footage on it yet.

I know of one user who formatted the card via the camera and ended up with a flat car battery because it wasn't working and the cam kept trying to start itself.

I am using Windows 10 on my PC which won't format anything larger than 32Gb in the FAT32 format.
I have found a few 'apps' online that promise they can do this but with concerns for both my cards and my PC I would rather use something that another F770 user has had success with and can recommend.

So does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way I can format my cards to FAT32 on my Windows 10 machine please? Any help very much appreciated.

I didn't format my ScanDisk 125GB card, just popped it in and it worked.

Mine worked too Missile but last night it asked me to format the card repeatedly before it would start recording.
I am about to retrieve the card from the cam to see what it recorded and put in my other card I have now formatted to FAT32.

Thanks for your reply Phil.
I decided to go for one of the programmes I'd found - MiniAide Fat32 Formatter
And it seems to have worked a treat. It was very easy to install and very intuitive to use without going through the tutorial.
I will post to say whether the cam likes it or not later. About to swap the cards now.

The recordings seem fine even after it kept suggesting that I regularly format the card but I wouldn't want to have to listen to that every time I started up the car and over time I am sure I would run into problems if I didn't format the cards.
The formatted card seems to have been accepted by the cam but probably not going out in the are until later this evening and will only be able to check whether the cam is still overwriting the oldest file by the end of the week.

With the cards straight out of the packaging I was getting about 6hrs 36mins continuous using both cards on Setting 'C'.
I have now changed that to 'A' which uses 61% of the card for continuous and will let you know how it goes.

sorry to revive an old thread, but I was wondering if the 128GB is still working fine for you?
My Samsung 128GB Evo+ is not working on my f770.

Sandisk 128gb in both my F750 & 770 working without probs
Which type of sandisk?
Sandisk ultra, extreme or something else?
Thanks

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

I'm using a Samsung Evo+ 128GB memory card in my F770 dual cam unit too. Purchased it last July, same time as my cameras, and it has been working faultlessly and reliably ever since. I guess I'm lucky?

My memory card has worked straight out of the box from new and has never needed to be formatted on my computer (ever). The formatting through my camera unit is very quick and only takes about 5 seconds before starting to record (either done via my smartphone app, or via 'format' button on the camera unit). No issues whatsoever with the recordings after the formatting has taken place either. Members quoting of a flat car battery, or the camera not working after a simple memory card format is quite bizarre! The prompts are quite frequent and can be irritating, but for me its no more than a 10 second job to get rid of them.

Also, regarding the memory card partition settings, unless if i'm mistaken I really don't see how one partition setting will give you more recording time over another setting. The partition settings are really for your personal preferences on the memory card space allocation for each setting. I too have my memory card partitioned to the 'C' type setting, since I prefer to have more space on my memory card allocated to the parking motion files.

I just purchased one of the Lexar 128GB units (the 128GB version of the 64GB that came with my cam from blackboxmycar.com), and it does not work. I've formatted to NTFS, exFAT, and FAT32. Nothing is working. I am stuck in the same loop as the original poster "Card error; system rebooting".

Does anyone know if this was perhaps an undocumented change in the latest firmware (1.0.0.6)?

I did not put the card in w/o formatting it first. I made the assumption that the card was not formatted as exFAT, and formatted it as such. In testing, I formatted my 64GB Lexar card in the exact same manner as the 128GB, but this did not make a difference for the 128GB.

At this point, I think I'm just better off buying a new one locally (much easier to return to a store than pay to ship back to Amazon) and trying that.

I have formatted my card using the suggested SDCard.org formatter, but to no avail.

Sadly, I think I'm going to have to eat the cost of the card and find a different purpose for it. Thank you for your help and suggestions.

Word I got from BlackBoxMyCar suggests that recently Lexar made a change to their cards and now they're not working. The 128GB 633x I bought a few days ago from Amazon doesn't work.

Word I got from BlackBoxMyCar suggests that recently Lexar made a change to their cards and now they're not working. The 128GB 633x I bought a few days ago from Amazon doesn't work.

that's quite possible, manufacturers change solutions often so even they look the same externally doesn't mean they are always the same

Back