Help needed to review Z-Edge Z3

Amit Sehrawat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

To introduce myself, I am very new to dashcams. I live near south boston and have two cars (CRV, BMW 3-series).
I was looking for dash-cam from sometime and recently jumped the gun on Amazon prime day and bought two Z-edge Z3(Wire cutter recommendation :| ). After looking at reviews on dashcamtalk about how wire cutter dropped the ball on this one I want to review the camera and decide if I need to return it and buy something else. It got it for 85 bucks each on prime day sale. Here is the link to the Amazon page of the product.

Last week, we were at The White mountain and decided to get few day and night samples on 1080p 30FPS and 45FPS videos for the review. Here are the videos:
1080p 30FPS day time
1080p 45FPS day time
1080p 45FPS night time

I really do not care a lot about the audio. I need help in analyzing if this is a dashcam I want to keep or I can do better under $100. I would like to learn what I need to be looking at as well in the dashcam.

Thanks for your help.

Amit Sehrawat

Looks ok. I think there's better stuff out there for similar price though. The night video really isn't anything amazing, but you'll get better results at 30fps.

In terms of wirecutter, I'm actually quite dumbfounded by their attempt to review dashcams. They only tested 3 models, none of those with a Sony sensor or capacitors and all of them with the exact same shape.

Thanks ThePro.

I will upload some new videos with 2K video, 720p at 60 FPS and night mode on all the modes later tomorrow.

What would you recommend instead?

I personally think the A119 has better video, and it's only $10 more. Also has 1080p at 60fps without any downgrade in the night quality.

Now that you've already bought it, I don't think it's worth the hassle of returning it, especially since you paid much less than usual.

I personally think the A119 has better video, and it's only $10 more. Also has 1080p at 60fps without any downgrade in the night quality.

Now that you've already bought it, I don't think it's worth the hassle of returning it, especially since you paid much less than usual.

Looks like A119 is on gearbest for $99 and on Ebay for $90. I can return to Amazon for no cost and get these, though looks like it will take sometime for them to ship it to US. Night mode looked really good the video samples.

Hi @Amit Sehrawat
If you decide your interested in the A119 send me a PM. I can do a little better price wise if you looking for two. Plus I'm just north of you in NH, so shipping would be fast.

How I wish that you have a shop in Malaysia... :p

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Dash Cam Reviews 9
estore009 Dash Cam Reviews 2
Back