Help needed!

ElderHallow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

First off. Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Second off. Thanks in advance for any help. I'm being driven insane.

I've got a Dash Cam that was a present from eBay.

It connects to an app on my phone by the way of creating a WiFi hotspot. However for it to connect you have to be in aeroplane mode and then switch WiFi back on. Also, the app won't download any video footage that is recorded. In short it's crap.

I was wondering if there is a generic dash cam (or any other type of cam) app that I could use to connect to the camera, record and download footage?

I've spent a couple of months Googling this and found nothing. This is my last resort. I'm hoping I've not been asking Google the right questions and one of you fine people will say 'hey that's not problem you need this app' lol!

Again apologies if this isn't in the right place.

Thank you!

P.S I don't know if this will be any help but here is the link to the app I'm currently having to use.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cwits.CarDVR168

Judging by the app, your issues are consistent with other app users.

What dashcam are you using will help.

If the app is pants then just remove card and plug into phone using a type c adaptor dongle.. I know the convienece isn't there, but it'll download a lot quicker... Its why I do...

If the app is pants then just remove card and plug into phone using a type c adaptor dongle.. I know the convienece isn't there, but it'll download a lot quicker... Its why I do...

Hi mate. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

That's what I have been doing. It seems the only way I'll be able to do it. Just frustrates me that the app doesn't work properly.

Ah, yeah. I couldn't find any mobile apps that sounded like they could work.
Did you try to reach out to one of the sellers of that item, they might know which to recommend.
Though, I won't be surprised if they have no idea.

Might have to treat this cam as a starter cam.

Ah, yeah. I couldn't find any mobile apps that sounded like they could work.
Did you try to reach out to one of the sellers of that item, they might know which to recommend.
Though, I won't be surprised if they have no idea.

Might have to treat this cam as a starter cam.

Yeah I've already tried to reach out to them. But they never respond. Typical. Never mind I can just take the memory card out and download to my phone.

Back