HELP!!No longer videos with 16GB MicroSD

xjcesar_92

Reaction score
Country
Peru
My Git2 doesn't records videos of over to 1 minute, I use a SD card of 16GB, class 10.
Someone else have this problem? someone found a fix?
Thanks

what card are you using, have you tried a different card?
Yes Bro, I tried with one Sandisk Ultra of 16Gb, and one Sandisk Ultra cf 8Gb....
I formatted the SD card but no improvement

what card are you using, have you tried a different card?
no at this moment, i will buy a new SD card in a few day, maybe a Samsung evo. Can you recommend to me a better SD card?

Samsung should be ok, provided it's genuine, a lot of what you can buy online in the bigger brands like Sandisk and Samsung is fake so something you need to be aware ok

Personally we use Transcend, it's what the engineers use for testing also

Hola Cesar, no especificaste si tu Git2 grabó correctamente antes o no, imagino que no.

Lo más probable es que tu tarjeta esté fallando. Mientras compras otra, para descartar que sea problema de cámara, usa cualquier otra tarjeta que sepas funciona correctamente y ve si graba más de 1 minuto. Con eso sabrás si era la tarjeta o no. Teniendo eso claro puedes comprar otra SD, no te recomiendo comprar por internet, en su mayoría son copias, mejor compra allá mismo en una tienda.
Gracias por tu amable respuesta, la cámara me llego hace dos días, la probé con una sandisk de 16Gb clase 10, y también una de 8Gb misma marca y clase.... ahora no tengo otra Sd para descartar que sea problema de la cámara, pero quizá como dato curioso esto ayude: me he dado cuenta que bajando la nitidez, resolución y bitrate puedo extender mas el tiempo de grabación... y en megas cada archivo que se genera se hacen en promedio de 200 megas cada archivo. voy a conseguir una memoria en estos días y les comparto mi experiencia.

its QUE in Spanish :)

its QUE in Spanish :)
' seems to me there are a tonne of choices of language apps both for ios and android in the app store! I mean DCT members post from all over the known world in English!

I cant say if me typing in Danish would be any faster than English, But it might be different for these guys.
And many ppl really struggle with english, so they have to go back and forth between this page and google translate.
My friend speak excellent english, not least considering my friend only made it to 6 grade in school, and then he said "F" school and started to work.
But writing is more or less hopeless for him, so all lengthy things he have to send anywhere i have to do for him while he dictate on the phone.

As long as topic is in english, then i have a chance of chiming in if i had a solution for the problem.

Last edited:
I cant say if me typing in Danish would be any faster than English, But it might be different for these guys.
And many ppl really struggle with english, so they have to go back and forth between this page and google translate.
My friend speak excellent english, not least considering my friend only made it to 6 grade in school, and then he said "F" school and started to work.
But writing is more or less hopeless for him, so all lengthy things he have to send anywhere i have to do for him while he dictate on the phone.

As long as topic is in english, then i have a chance of chiming in if i had a solution for the problem.
Good that he has such a friend as you!

Giving is always best, and easy when its just knowledge or time you have to part with.

The ultimate test for a friendship is money.

Giving is always best, and easy when its just knowledge or time you have to part with.

The ultimate test for a friendship is money.
Also family when loaning money in any amount!

many members from all over the world have knowledge of engish xjcesar posted his original question in english although he is from Peru....omegamoto is from Chili so they share a common language It makes sense to post his reply in their mother tongue Ipol

Hi Friends,
Enough discussion!!

I bought a new SD card Yesterday, this time a Sd Card of 64GB class 10 SDHX I..... aparently the problem was the SD card of 16 GB, with this new card all is OK, I dont have more problem recording videos. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Back