Help please - 2 videos in 1 file, how do I separate them?

mariomart

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Viofo A119 Mini, Viofo A119 V3, Viofo A119S V2
I am currently using a Sameview S200P multi-channel dash camera. The camera saves the 2 video streams into 1 Avi file. The Avi contains 1 x 1280x720p video (front camera), 1 x 640x480p video (rear camera), 1 x audio file and embedded GPS/G sensor data.

What I want to do is extract the 640x480p video so i can upload it to YouTube.

Any takers?

Cheers :) Mario

I use Debut Video Capture to record stuff normally tricky to download, believe it might work for you. With that program you can pick what part of the screen you want to record, for instance a specific part of a video.

Good luck!

dino

I use Debut Video Capture to record stuff normally tricky to download, believe it might work for you. With that program you can pick what part of the screen you want to record, for instance a specific part of a video.

Good luck!

dino
Thanks @dino , but it's not really what I was after.

Do you have a sample video?
Does it play both videos in one screen?

If it does, screen capture is the only way I can think of.

Do you have a sample video?
Does it play both videos in one screen?

If it does, screen capture is the only way I can think of.
If I use VLC to play the file it opens 2 separate windows that are synced. If I use MPC I can use the drop down menu to select 1 video stream to play. But there is no option to save the files separately.

Here is a link to one of my files if you want to check out for yourself. Its only 60Mb.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7af3iuq72aluq1j/20140605_112212_I2.avi
Download it don't play it on the Dropbox page as their player is rubbish.

New Ambarella A7 based Dual Chanel Cams record separate h.264 MP4 video files. That AVI stuff is a dying technology so wouldn't expect much innovation out there other then the link posted.

If I use VLC to play the file it opens 2 separate windows that are synced. If I use MPC I can use the drop down menu to select 1 video stream to play. But there is no option to save the files separately.

Here is a link to one of my files if you want to check out for yourself. Its only 60Mb.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7af3iuq72aluq1j/20140605_112212_I2.avi
Download it don't play it on the Dropbox page as their player is rubbish.

interesting, in MPC I get this stuttered playback where it looks like it's possibly trying to change files so I only see front camera with heavy flickering, in Media Player it just plays the front cam but with low volume, haven't got VLC to try

what camera is this from?

not really stellar video quality
Can't complain when it was free ;)

This camera is going to be my rear camera once the GT2S becomes available :)

Cheers :)

VLC can separate the two streams Jokiin.

My WMP also decodes the two streams (it just opens to windows with two avi files, MJPG, nothing fancy).

I downloaded the graphstudio and it can play one stream at a time (right click and select stream 1 or 2) but I'm stuck on how to save just one stream to an output video file. ???

You could also ask the company

You could also ask the company

The company CNS-Link in South Korea does have a software player, which I use to tweak settings and view footage, but the software does not support saving individual streams, only combined.

Back