Help please - 312

chelseajadex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm in desperate need of some advice please. I have had my dash cam around 2 and a half years and have never had a problem with it.

Around a month ago i was completing updates on my laptop and the Nextbase software said a possible update is due on my dashcam so i went ahead and plugged it in. Once it was connected to my laptop it said it was already up-to-date so i put it back in my car.

Since then, i have had so many issues. It records for only two seconds and each time i press the record button it says that there is a memory error or the memory card is full despite having formatted it. I also cannot press 'mode' to watch video playback as it isn't recording and often says 'image error', on a couple of occasions there has been a static image on the screen and generally, it is unresponsive. I have removed the memory card and re-inserted it and pressed the reset button.

(I will try to take photos when the above happens again)

I would appreciate any help, suggestions or advice.

Thank you.

I would go back to the tried and trusted way of updating the firmware. Download the .bin file, put it on a SDCard and either plug the unit into the car or a wall socket, not a PC.

Then fully format the card, not a quick format, to FAT32.

Thank you very much, i’m new to the forum as i have never had trouble so u haven’t heard of this before. Is there a thread with instructions on at all please? Thank you

Download the latest file from Nextbase

Make sure you don't change any capitalisation of any of the .bin file letters

Put onto SDCard then insert into dashcam

Power the dashcam from the car or from a house wall socket (a mobile phone usb socket will do)

Wait till the dashcam updates and reboots

Job done

I've always downloaded the bin files on to a empty sd card then updated with USB cable on wall socket with no issues to my 422gw and previous model 412gw all OK... My preferred method tbh

Back