Help Please! All Newly Created files are Corrupted.

18wheeler2014

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello, everyone, I was wondering if someone can help me with my issues?

I have 2 Dash Cams exactly the same thing and both of them have the exactly the same problem, after recording the files they are all corrupted.

I had purchased a new SD Card 128GB ScanDisk and again they do the same thing.

Here are the specs for the Dash Cams... (Please note there are 2 exactly the same Dash Cams.)

* T691C Dash Cam 4K 1080P FHD Car DVR Camera With 32GB TF Card Dual Lens Front Dash Cam WiFi GPS Camera Video Recorder DVR Carro

Capture.PNG

How do you know they are corrupted? Is a program telling you that when you try and open the files?

How do you know they are corrupted? Is a program telling you that when you try and open the files?
A bad card reader can do the same, playing the files on the camera can help to see if that's the problem

as a starting point format the cards and then test with h2testw, details on how to do that here https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/help-files-memory-cards-h2testw.40450/

Well so far not good as it's not finished but I do have a red screen..

This is what I got so far but don't forget it's not finished about 3/4 completed.

Warning: Only 126990 of 126991 MByte tested.
The media is likely to be defective.
15.8 GByte OK (33210679 sectors)
34.1 GByte DATA LOST (71683785 sectors)
Details:0 KByte overwritten (0 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
34.1 GByte corrupted (71683785 sectors)
0 KByte aliased memory (0 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x00000003f5826e00
Expected: 0x00000003f5826e00
Found: 0x86c842bbf9305315
H2testw version 1.3

Does this mean I got screwed and bought fake cards?

Also Is there a good SD Card to use with dash cams you recommend or any legit card will do as long as they are not fake.

Results are typical of a fake card, stick with brand name cards from known sellers, lots of fakes online

Sorry someone sold you a pre-halloween trick. Report it if you can. If they don't want the card itself for evidence, please destroy it before discarding it so no one else is screwed by it.

I bought a Sandisk U3 Class 10 sd card 128gb from ebay recently. My 522GW rejected it saying it did not
meet Class 10 standards. My partners 512GW initially accepted it but showed error messages after a short while.

I reported back to the seller and suggested that it was a counterfeit card and, surprise surprise - immediate full refund and 'sorry - keep the card' - no questions asked.

I reported back to the seller and suggested that it was a counterfeit card and, surprise surprise - immediate full refund and 'sorry - keep the card' - no questions asked.
this is one of the reasons people think SanDisk cards are bad, there are more fake ones sold online than real ones

Always buy your memory cards at home, where you can get a good RMA experience if it go bad.
The memory card brand / model don't matter, are often the weakest link in a good dashcam.

Back