Help Possibly Extending Video Record Times w/ VAVA DASH-CAM: VA-CD001

ryanjay88

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
VAVA VA-CD001
Hello,

I looked around a bit and couldn't see any information or support groups that may be able to assist me. I tried searching Sony's site and nothing so apologies if I am asking in the wrong place.

I recently got the VAVA VA-CD001 Dash-Cam for my truck and it was fairly easy to install & setup. The WiFi range on the little device is pretty impressive if I leave it plugged into the Aux Power Outlet.. but I usually unplug if not driving.

I love the style, the cell phone software honestly isn't that bad and I have a pretty old smart-phone. I've been able to snap some cool pictures while riding around, same with videos but nothing special just messing around.

I love the little remote button, it's pretty cool to take a quick picture or try and snap a quick video... My Question is How can I get the VA-CD001 to possibly record LONGER than the 30-45sec whatever it is default set to. I haven't seen any options to record any longer or shorter. I simply want to be able to record for more than 45sec, maybe set it to 3-4min or have the choice to stop and start when I want.... is there a way to do so, even if I have to unlock something.

Great camera, great quality, love it... but it just stinks that the videos are limited to 45sec. With the 128GB Micro SD I'm not worried about space, there are times I'd like to record while driving just for fun or to post a video online to friends... whatever. If anyone has had the same issue or knows a way I'm open ears. I also thought since it has WiFi (not internet) that there could possibly be away to maybe Live Stream if connected to my phone... but that is something I do not necessarily need but thought would be amazing.

I got this device for the obvious reasons anyone gets a camera, security, etc... There is not a lot of crime around here but a nice camera always can deter someone even if it's off. I wish it would snap a picture every time I enter the vehicle as it knows and makes a noise, even while disconnected. I'm not sure how great the battery life on this device is but I generally unplug it when not driving or in use. Thanks, crossing my fingers maybe somebody has had this camera and knows a few things about it!

Back