HELP! SG Acting up again!

Captain

Reaction score
Country
United States
My Street Guardian duel camera is acting up again. It ran without a clitch for awhile, now it's cutting off and on. Sometimes won't come on at all. And it comes on and the REC light is on and not blinking, and the screen is spilt with a scrambled screen on one side and writing on the other.

Reload the firmware or reset to defaults from the menu with the SD card removed (if it lets you). Only fix till this gets addressed via firmware.

Is this with the Cig power, or SGDCHW hard wire kit? If you're using SGDCHW, try powering the camera via regular Cigarette Plug power cord for a few days to rule out other wiring issues.

Could be a failing memory card possibly. Try another spare card if you have any to rule that out.

Are you on the latest firmware?
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/sg9663dc-beta-firmware.33142/

I don't have a spare card but will get one if you tell me which one to get. Also it's hardwired, I could try cig power. I tried my previous SG9665GC and it didn't work. I want the DC to work. Right now it has a vertical split on the screen and the REC light stays on. That makes me think it's not wiring. Please tell me what card to get and I'll try that.

Do you have a vertical split line/static screen? That won’t be card related sounds like something else is going on. Does that go away when you boot up with no card inserted? Can you try plugging in the cigarette power plug for awhile to see how that goes too?

Sandisk “A1” shipped and sold by Amazon is good
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B073JYVKNX

OK I'll try those before ordering a new card...

I would if I knew how!?

Instructions are in the download link zip file. Feel free to call me for support if you need one on one help.

I tried the cigarette plug...no difference..bought a new 128gb SanDisk Ultra Plus...no difference. It did say to format but I can't enter menu. The screen on the the SG dual camera is split permanently with about a third scrambled and has a symbol of a camera, and 01/01/2018...the right side of screen says 00:07:04 1080P30 17:36:19 with a little card symbol. The screen stays on constantly as does the REC light...I paid a lot of money for this camera. I thought I was getting the best. This is in fact the second SG I've purchased. So far, I feel it has been more trouble than it's worth. There are a lot of smart people on here. A lot of smart people at SG. Much smarter than me when it comes to dashcams. Someone should be able to tell me the solution. But in the meantime, I'm riding around frustrated with a camera that I might need around the next corner...and the thing is not working!!

Have you tried putting the firmware on the card and powering the camera? If it's not a hardware issue, a firmware reinstall should bring it back to normal. Then you can format the card.

Firmware update should fix that. (most likely software bug, not hardware) Please copy the .bin file to the microSD card using the included USB card reader.
Insert card back into camera, apply power and watch for slow/fast blinking red LED until it reboots and self-corrects.

It was suggested several times, please try to update your firmware.

Firmware update should fix that. (most likely software bug, not hardware) Please copy the .bin file to the microSD card using the included USB card reader.
Insert card back into camera, apply power and watch for slow/fast blinking red LED until it reboots and self-corrects.

It was suggested several times, please try to update your firmware.

if he's having trouble doing that can you please load firmware V1.32 up on a new camera and send out the replacement, get his one back for me so I can get the engineers to have a look at it as is

if he's having trouble doing that can you please load firmware V1.32 up on a new camera and send out the replacement, get his one back for me so I can get the engineers to have a look at it as is

That's an option as well. If someone can't do the firmware update, happy to help do it for them.

@Captain please send an email with your order history/address details. (There is a support business card is in every box)

I lost the business card but I have the order no..2650. 5/2/2018 richard harrison 406 red fox run, summerville sc. 29485. Can you send it today?(SAT) Maybe you can format a card there for me so all I will have to do is plug it in and go! There are a lot of savy guys on here...unfortunately I ain't one.

Last edited:
I'm sure Jon should be able to look up your details and get it sorted for you, it's just on 4am where he is but I'm confident he'll get on it as soon as possible for you

Maybe you can format a card there for me so all I will have to do is plug it in and go! There are a lot of savy guys on here...unfortunately I ain't one.

You bought this without a memory card. You reached out and requested a special discount to ship the SG9663DC without a memory card back in May. What have brand/size card you been using? The reason we bundle cards is to keep things extra stable and compatible as possible. Where did you get your card from?

I was hoping you would install the proper card so I don't have to format it. The card I was using was the old one from my previous SG9665GC. I think it came with the camera. I have a new SanDisk Ultra Plus 128 g I bought from Walmart. I want to use the one you recommend. I'll pay for it. I could take the Walmart one back if you don't think it's suitable. Thanks for your prompt attention.

Back